News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyTime

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: CannabisGamerClub on November 24, 2014, 02:38:26 PM
I haven't gotten a response from sp support, but I was wondering if anyone here knew how too customize it too were the blocks have a custom border added, like a textured bordered that helps it flow with the site too separate each block?

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?action=docs;area=block_editor

Style Editor
Default Title Class Can be used to choose a style for the block title.
Custom Title Class Can be used to add an additional CSS class to the block title -- perhaps one that appears in a customized CSS file
Custom Title Style Allows you to add additional attributes to the CSS inline style of the block title.
No Title, if checked, will turn off display of the block title, as well as the block collabse button.

Default Body Class Can be used to choose a style for the block body.
Custom Body Class Can be used to add an additional CSS class to the block body -- perhaps one that appears in a customized CSS file
Custom Body Style Allows you to add additional attributes to the CSS inline style of the block body.
No Body, if checked, will show the body "unstyled" -- in the same style as the block area's background.

MrMike

I looked on the Simple Portal site but couldn't find a list of blocks or add-ons...could you please point to a list, if there is one?

Thank you!

MESWEB

I found a bug wit this portal. When we create new post with break lines (when we write post then we hit ENTER and this create <br /> tag). This new post has been in home page in portal blocks and SimplePortal create link as
Quote...
this ... are like read more button. If any posts have <br /> tags yhen SimplePortal put link to post in <br /> tag. Simple explaining example:
<b<a href="http://obeznany.pl/index.php?topic=146.0" title="Airborne ranger">...</b<a>

So better if someone delete this short link "..."

Chen Zhen

MESWEB,

You have a lot of changes to your site regarding JQuery/javascript scripts that may somehow be conflicting and causing the issue.
Also please note that although the respected licenses permit you to remove both your SMF & Simple Portal copyright notices/links, doing so means the support staff on both sites will most likely opt not to assist you.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

MESWEB

I don't think so that errors making any JQuery /javascripts. This is from SimplPortal look at mod site I there ask couple years ago about this errors without solved topic. I found a clue - Simple portal making this shortcuts ... and puting in to <br /> tag when I just deleting this shortcut then SimplePortal put a < div=""> to <br /> tag. Ok I understand Your notice about notice but this site is not my - I'm not Admin I only upgrading and making SEO for this site.

So if anyone are interesting about w3validation SMF -
QuoteElement b< not allowed as child of element div in this context. (Suppressing further errors from this subtree.)
Then I don't help anyone with clearing php code in SMF file.

Burke ♞ Knight

MESWEB

This is not a bug.

If you post, and the character count exceeds what you set the block for, you will get the ... being a link to read more, taking you to the main post. It does the ... to show that there is more to the post than is shown in the block. It is not a bug, it is performing as it should.

Chen Zhen

MESWEB,

If you would like to try a possible solution then restore your PortalBlocks.php file to its default state and install this plugin:
http://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=9

.. the description on the download page describes what it does. If you decide to use it please let me know if it resolves the issue.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

MESWEB

Quote from: ♞ Burke Knight ♞ on December 21, 2014, 05:06:16 PM
It seems to have made a link to the post, and it looks valid to me. I clicked it, and it took me to the full post.

Are You kidding? Where You click link? On my site? It's not possible coz I delete shortcut ...

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 22, 2014, 01:06:10 AM
MESWEB,

If you would like to try a possible solution then restore your PortalBlocks.php file to its default state and install this plugin:
http://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=9

.. the description on the download page describes what it does. If you decide to use it please let me know if it resolves the issue.

Regards.

I don't need personalized bbc mod.

Chen Zhen

MESWEB,

The mod I was referring to is not Personalized BBC, it is called SP-Truncate Recent Posts which Imo is a better sub-routine than what is currently in place.
However, if this is what is showing up on your pages as you described:

<b<a href="http://obeznany.pl/index.php?topic=146.0" title="Airborne ranger">...</b<a>

.. then that is not Simple Portal actually causing the issue.
Simple Portal cuts the text of the post short with '...' at the very end of what is being displayed for the post if it exceeds the opted message length whereas the dots are a hyperlink to the actual post. HTML wise it ends the message with ...</a> and does not add any partial bold tags as you seem to be posting.
Imo the only way for this to occur is if some client side javascript is changing the output, you edited SMF code itself at some point, you edited the PortalBlocks.php code incorrectly prior to the occurrence  or perhaps a mod that edits the buffer.  These are the only possibilities and if the PortalBlocks.php file is default (no edits) then it can not be caused by any Simple Portal code. It is something else that is causing that code to be changed as I just described.

Quote from: MESWEB
If this is not BUG how You explain this code in my site?

Quote from: MESWEB
This is not my site I only working for someone wit this www.

conflicting statements indeed?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

margarett

A small cleanup happened here, as you might notice. Please stop the insults and the arguments, everyone. Thank you.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

akbora

This mod has updated what is the difference last position?
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: SiNaN
The SimplePortal Team is happy to announce the release of SimplePortal 2.3.6, code-named "Mist!" This release includes fixes for the bugs found in the 2.3.5 version, and the change of license to allow for open development of SimplePortal. As of this version and going forward, SimplePortal is licensed under the BSD License. Older versions of SimplePortal are still licensed under the Simple Machines License.

We urge all users to upgrade to SimplePortal 2.3.6 as soon as possible to take advantage of the bug fixes. A full list of changes for 2.3.6 can be found in the changelog.txt file within the SimplePortal package, but the major fixes are:[cutoff]

• Updates and improvements to the built-in blocks.
  • Several security improvements.
  • Proper logging of portal activity.
  • Several fixes and improvements to the interface.
  • Styling options for board news block.
  • Fixes to shoutboxes module.
Unfortunately, there is no auto-upgrade option from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 due to the number of changes. So, if you are running 2.3.5 or an older version, you can upgrade by following these three steps. You shouldn't lose any data, but for safety, you should always back up before modifying your forum.

Thanks for all your support, and keep those bug reports and feature requests coming!
-The SimplePortal Team

akbora

this was updated to 2.3.6 before, but yesterday I asked what the difference again updated
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Burke ♞ Knight

Shambles

I'm guessing akbora received a tardy email (subscription) notification of the mod update.

Burke ♞ Knight

Maybe they updated the info on the mod page.

NekoJonez

So, I think nobody can solve the issue... ?

That all names are underneath each other instead of besides each other on the who's online block?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

I can work out an edit for you or perhaps a plugin that does the editing for you. I will assume you want it to behave like it already does for left/right blocks but change to horizontal if using top,bottom,header or footer block or perhaps an option to opt either behaviour? When I have some time over the next few days I can do this.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

You can try out this plugin if you wish: http://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=10
There is a checkbox added within the who's online block configuration to have the specific block display in horizontal mode.
You can leave comments to the plugin on my forum if you want some changes or have any other ideas for it.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Advertisement: