News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

CrashTester,

The email will show in your spam folder because it contains links from an unknown sender and not the junk folder (the 2 folders are not the same).
Simple Portal pages have 3 types ~ BBC, HTML & PHP. If it is HTML you are attempting to add then ensure it is the HTML page type selected.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

CrashTester

Thanks Chen Zhen. Hotmail only has a Junk folder (no Spam folder) and I check my junk folder daily - the emails are not arriving.

Incidentally I had exactly the same thing with Dream Portal - could never get registered to their support forum so ditched that in favour or Simple Portal. This is becoming a headache for me, I've never had a problem with any other registration before except the two forums mentioned.

Yep I am selecting HTML when creating my page. It seems to be when I pasted over a certain number of words/characters that it throws up the error.

Also, I have noticed that when I try to change the size of the left or right column it also errors. Seems to me that my install of Simple Portal is bad although it installed fine. I really want this fixed as it is causing me a major headache in trying to get my site off the ground.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I could delete and reinstall the portal but not convinced that would help.

Chen Zhen

CrashTester,

The solution for a block code that exceeds the character allowance is to create a php file that echo's the content, use a custom php block to include that file and execute its function(s). Imo structure it similar to an existing SMF PHP file and put it in one of the current directories such as the Sources folder.

Your SP account has been enabled.

ie. PHP file named: ../Sources/myblock1.php

<?php
// custom block code1

if (!defined('SMF'))
die('Hacking attempt...');

function 
custom_block1()
{
    echo 
'This is my HTML content!';
}
?>

Custom PHP block:

global $sourcedir;

require_once($sourcedir . '/myblock1.php');
custom_block1();

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

CrashTester

Thanks Chen, I will try that to see if it works and report back. What is the character limit of an HTML file, where is that setting? My page is not that excessive and I find it disappointing that I have to use such a work around for something which is fairly basic (I've copied the page I am trying to create below).

Also, how does this explain the same error when trying to adjust the column widths?

Thanks again.

This Privacy Policy governs the manner in which Condado de Alhama Forum collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a "User") of the <a href="www.condadodealhamaforum.com">www.condadodealhamaforum.com</a> website ("Site"). This privacy policy applies to the Site and all products and services offered by Condado de Alhama Forum.<br><br>

<b>Personal identification information</b><br><br>

We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.<br><br>

<b>Non-personal identification information</b><br><br>

We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.<br><br>

<b>Web browser cookies</b><br><br>

Our Site may use "cookies" to enhance User experience. User's web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. User may choose to set their web browser to refuse cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If they do so, note that some parts of the Site may not function properly.<br><br>

<b>How we use collected information</b><br><br>

Condado de Alhama Forum may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:<br>
<ul>
<li><i>- To personalize user experience</i><br>
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.</li>
<li><i>- To improve our Site</i><br>
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.</li>
<li><i>- To process payments</i><br>
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.</li>
<li><i>- To send periodic emails</i><br>
We may use the email address to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.</li>
</ul>
<b>How we protect your information</b><br><br>

We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.<br><br>

<b>Sharing your personal information</b><br><br>

We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.<br><br>

<b>Third party websites</b><br><br>

Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.<br><br>

<b>Advertising</b><br><br>

Ads appearing on our site may be delivered to Users by advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile non personal identification information about you or others who use your computer. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. This privacy policy does not cover the use of cookies by any advertisers.<br><br>

<b>Google Adsense</b><br><br>

Some of the ads may be served by Google. Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to Users based on their visit to our Site and other sites on the Internet. DART uses "non personally identifiable information" and does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, etc. You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy at <a href="http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html">http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html</a><br><br>

<b>Changes to this privacy policy</b><br><br>

Condado de Alhama Forum has the discretion to update this privacy policy at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage Users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this privacy policy periodically and become aware of modifications.<br><br>

<b>Your acceptance of these terms</b><br><br>

By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.<br><br>

<b>Contacting us</b><br><br>

If you have any questions about this Privacy Policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at: <a href="mailto:[email protected]?Subject=Privacy%20Policy" target="_top">[email protected]</a>
<br><br>
This document was last updated on February 22, 2015<br><br>

Chen Zhen

CrashTester,

No your HTML is not that excessive and therefore what I previously mentioned is not necessary in this particular case.
I tested your HTML block/page which works fine although I'd like to mention that the SMF 2.0.X branch uses XHTML format (meaning your line breaks need to be self closed).

Here is your revised HTML block/page code:
This Privacy Policy governs the manner in which Condado de Alhama Forum collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a "User") of the <a href="http://www.condadodealhamaforum.com">www.condadodealhamaforum.com</a> website ("Site"). This privacy policy applies to the Site and all products and services offered by Condado de Alhama Forum.<br /><br />

<b>Personal identification information</b><br /><br />

We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.<br /><br />

<b>Non-personal identification information</b><br /><br />

We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.<br /><br />

<b>Web browser cookies</b><br /><br />

Our Site may use "cookies" to enhance User experience. User's web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. User may choose to set their web browser to refuse cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If they do so, note that some parts of the Site may not function properly.<br /><br />

<b>How we use collected information</b><br /><br />

Condado de Alhama Forum may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:<br />
<ul>
<li><i>- To personalize user experience</i><br />
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.</li>
<li><i>- To improve our Site</i><br />
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.</li>
<li><i>- To process payments</i><br />
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.</li>
<li><i>- To send periodic emails</i><br />
We may use the email address to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.</li>
</ul>
<b>How we protect your information</b><br /><br />

We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.<br /><br />

<b>Sharing your personal information</b><br /><br />

We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.<br /><br />

<b>Third party websites</b><br /><br />

Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensor and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.<br /><br />

<b>Advertising</b><br /><br />

Ads appearing on our site may be delivered to Users by advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile non personal identification information about you or others who use your computer. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. This privacy policy does not cover the use of cookies by any advertisers.<br /><br />

<b>Google Adsense</b><br /><br />

Some of the ads may be served by Google. Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to Users based on their visit to our Site and other sites on the Internet. DART uses "non personally identifiable information" and does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, etc. You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy at <a href="http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html">www.google.com/privacy_ads.html</a><br /><br />

<b>Changes to this privacy policy</b><br /><br />

Condado de Alhama Forum has the discretion to update this privacy policy at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage Users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this privacy policy periodically and become aware of modifications.<br /><br />

<b>Your acceptance of these terms</b><br /><br />

By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.<br /><br />

<b>Contacting us</b><br /><br />

If you have any questions about this Privacy Policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us at: <a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Privacy%20Policy" target="_top">[email protected]</a>
<br /><br />
This document was last updated on February 22, 2015<br /><br />

I apologize as I think I may have misinterpreted your issue.
Were you able to save it to the database without issue?
Is it only an issue when you attempt to actually display this page?

When editing the page, the Page ID input should be privacypolicy in this specific case.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

babalola olasehinde

while trying  to install this mod i got the errors below.pls what should i do

i am using mobile-desktop theme

should i go ahead to install

Chen Zhen

babalola olasehinde,

You will need to enable those changes to that custom theme as well as parsing the flagged edit to the Subs.php file.
It can't find the exact code it is looking for within the Subs.php file due to a previous mod installation or manual edit within the same area.
After installing Simple Portal you will need to manually edit the Subs.php file to add the necessary edit that is showing an error.
ref. http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Mod_and_Theme_Install_problems#Some_Install_Tests_Failed_or_the_mod_doesn.27t_seem_to_be_all_there

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

dannyv1708

I would like to let guests to view my portal page but not my forum. What kind of setting should I configure?

CrashTester

Thanks Chen Zhen - your last post helped solve my issue, I've only just got around to checking back and implementing this. I'm still getting to grips with some of SMF's finer details and was unaware of the XHTML tag issue so that will be useful for me anyway. Cheers!

villasg

Hi .
I want to install SimplePortal 2.3.6 in my smf 2.0.10 forum ( greek language ) .
But i do not find Greek Language pack for SimplePortal 2.3.6 i found only for SimplePortal 2.3.5 ( SimplePortal_2.3.5_Greek.zipby nikan )
I have a simple (?) question :
It is possible to install SimplePortal 2.3.6 with Language pack for 2.3.5 ?

Thanks

SaltedWeb

I have a question about blog setup. I installed the blog addon, and setup the blog block on SP, I tried directing it to show the content of the Category and it only shows the header information not content. I have tried messing around with cant seem to get SP to show the posts.  Is there something I am missing.?

PS to be clear I need the contents showing up not the poster topic name but cant seem to get a setting that does that.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

villasg

Hello .
Thanks for this great mod and  thanks to @nikan for greek translation .
I have installed in my new 2.0.10 ( upgrade from 1.1.21 ) and look like great .
But i need some help .
My guests cannot see the portal and i do not understand how enable this option .

Thank you

=========
Stupid stupid stupid ........

I forget  HelpMaintenance Mode ---> on

Fixed ...

Motorhed

So no ideas on the guest image thing, right?

As I mentioned, the images show to for guests on outside PHP pages, but they don't show for guests on the portal.

Kerrith

Kudos for an excellent mod. I just upgraded my SMF 2.0.7 to SMF 2.0.10 and switched from Tiny Portal 1.0 to SimplePortal 2.3.6 and all went perfectly smoothly. Nary a glitch. Simply amazing!

My one remaining problem is how to delete "TinyPortal © 2005-2012" from the bottom credits, see Big Island Forum.

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
TinyPortal © 2005-2012

I've deleted everything I can find pertaining to TP.

Kerry
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Communication Skills Coach
Big Island Forum

player.samp

Quote from: Kerrith on June 12, 2015, 08:35:15 PM
Kudos for an excellent mod. I just upgraded my SMF 2.0.7 to SMF 2.0.10 and switched from Tiny Portal 1.0 to SimplePortal 2.3.6 and all went perfectly smoothly. Nary a glitch. Simply amazing!

My one remaining problem is how to delete "TinyPortal © 2005-2012" from the bottom credits, see Big Island Forum.

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
TinyPortal © 2005-2012
I've deleted everything I can find pertaining to TP.

Kerry

I cannot see any "TinyPortal © 2005-2012" in the portal of your forum nor the index as a guest.

Kerrith

Hi Player...,

Since posting I downloaded the forum's directory and did a search of the entire directory for "tiny portal" using FileLocatorPro and found dozens of tp files. I deleted them and now now Tiny Portal doesn't appear at the bottom.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Kerry

PS: I ran my new updated SMF with SimplePortal through https://validator.w3.org/ and it passed with no errors—a first for me given that I have 17 websites all of which have numerous errors.
Kerrith H. (Kerry) King
Communication Skills Coach
Big Island Forum

rubens116

Hello, thank you for this mod.

What I really would like to do is to have all my sticky topics on top of the Recent Posts block. Is there any way to do this? I was about to request a new mod for this, but because Simple Portal is already a mod itself I think the best thing to do is ask it here. So what I would like is to have all my sticky topics of all boards (or a few if it's possible to edit) on top of the Recent Posts block.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Ninja ZX-10RR

rubens116,

Make them articles instead, so you will be able to select every single one of them accurately (since an article is essentially a topic and their sticky status won't be affected) ;)
Sorry for the late reply, we check the site more often than the topic itself, but I can't remember this being answered over there, so here you go!

Regards,
SimplePortal Support Team
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

iain sherriff

Is anyone using Simple Portal also using the Super simple Thread Tags mod 
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4034

If so could you take a look at my question here please

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=533673.msg3829233#msg3829233

Thanks
SMF 2.0.12

adiboy

PLEASE... HOw do i make a block visible to mobile only? i want to make some block visible on mobile but dont want them to appear on pc. Lead me through please... i have been trying it for three days now but couldn't get through it. I REALLY NEED HELP

Advertisement: