News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF 2.0b3p] Blurb on Quick Reply Needs to be Reworded

Started by Spaceman-Spiff, March 11, 2008, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman-Spiff

On the quick reply box (in v1.1 and 2.0 Beta):

"With a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, but much more conveniently."

It's actually less convenient cause you will need to hand code them.

codenaught

I think that part is trying to say much more convenient to make a post but the way the sentence is formed it would indeed seem to imply that it is more convenient to use bbcode and smileys, which it obviously is not.

I don't know, perhaps we should just take out the ending part to it. The text as it stands though almost seems pointless to me. :P
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

SleePy

I wouldn't say its a bug :P But its something that does sound a little weird. Its trivial :D

QuoteWith a Quick-Reply you can use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post, without loading the post form.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Spaceman-Spiff

TBH, I don't know where to post trivial errors  :-[.

LOL. Under website feedback?

SleePy

Here is fine, I was giving you a hard time :P
Do you think what I quoted sounds good? I would like to post the bug report to our bug tracker with a suggested change.

http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=1886
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: