Forum Guru's - Judge My Forum (I also have a couple of questions)

Started by Mercurial, March 14, 2008, 02:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercurial

...test

Bigguy

WEll one would be because it is still a small forum and all guests can see is two boards on the forum. You should open it up more so people that are browsing your site can see more of your content; that turns people away right there not being able to see whats on a board. I would wait for a few more members; I think you will know when the time is right to contact them. :)

Mercurial

GamingJunkys.com

I agree with what both of you had to say and think.  I thought the same thing as you Mercurial and I am currently in the same boat with a new forum launched 2-3 days ago.

Nevertheless, I went ahead and create a few various Boards and then quite a few categories for those boards.

Like any web site or forum you need good SEO, advertising, marketing, link exchange, SE submission, word of mouth.  However, I also believe that link exchange with other sites and forums will return some of the best results vs paid advertising.  Just my 2 cents.

Keep up the great work and hang in there :).  From what I know most forums take 2-4 years to mature and develop.

Advertisement: