Dil sorunu languages Latin swedishi

Started by soulfather, April 23, 2024, 04:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulfather

We had a 2.0.9 forum, I thought I'd post what I've been eating and open the forum first.

I reinstalled with version 2.0.19.

Then, I deleted the backup SQL from the php my admin of the forum I just created and loaded the backup SQL. And then I threw the forum files and old backups on top of it.

Then I noticed that the PHP version was incompatible, so I set it to version 5.6 and the forum opened, but it did not open in version 7.4. It worked when I made the site settings etc., but there was a language problem. Normally it shouldn't happen.

From now on, as you said, from the management section of the database, I say utf8, my dear, it goes away forever, the characters become more corrupted.

No, I'm trying to upgrade to the new version, but I'm upgrading, it doesn't open at all, there are a lot of problems such as file errors, etc.

So, I wonder what to do, no matter how many hours I tried.

https://www.ankarasutesisatim.com/cat/ [nofollow]

Kindred

I don't understand what you did....   your sequence of events really doesn't make alot of sense.

1- if you have an existing 2.0.9 database (?)
then
2- just load the 2.0.19 files from the LARGE UPGRADE archive onto your server in the correct file location.   don't touch the database.
3- if things are a little wonky, you can upload and run repair_settings.php to confirm/reset the paths, urls and database connection information.
4- you can run upgrade.php -- but it's not necessary since there were no database changes between 2.0.9 and 2.0.19

you can use php 7.4 or even php 8 with SMF 2.0.19

the conversion to UTF can be done as part of the upgrade to 2.1.4 (and that's what I would suggest)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

soulfather

So currently my files are 2.0.9 but my database is 2.0.4. My database needs to be updated. It gives me an error to convert it to UTF 8 because I couldn't find those files on how to upgrade the database to 2.0.9.

I will make both the database and the files 2.0.19 and try to use them that way.

Kindred

Load to 2.0.19 files
Run upgrade.php

That's it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: