Instant Message folders

Started by trparky, August 03, 2003, 08:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trparky

Ok, the other forums have it, including vBulletin, well, maybe not phpBB, but vBulletin definitely has it.

The ability to create folders in the Instant Message system.  Gots to organize my IMs.
Tom
Darkscribes [nofollow], Home of Anime Fanfiction and Original Works of Fiction

sensovision

not sure if really need folders support, but the thing I really miss much is limitation of IM box and probably some statistic on how much free space is left.

Gobalopper

Well if its not included in the default install I'll be doing the AdvIM mod again which has most of those features.

sensovision

glad to know this ;)

[offtopic] I'm so exsited about SMF even if I sitll can't download it ;D [/offtopic]

Overseer

Jeff Lewis

I'm high on having folders as well.

Awhile back it was our intention (Joseph and I) to really revamp the PM system and make it a message center...maybe I'll have to take a peek :)
Co-Founder of SMF

Axplosion

Well, I don't know, it'll be extremely useful if you get lots of IM's, but on most fora I never have more than 5 at the same time, I don't know if there are a lot of users who really would use such options, but if you use IM's a lot, it's, as I said, very useful!

sensovision

Quote from: Axplosion on August 04, 2003, 11:14:25 AM
Well, I don't know, it'll be extremely useful if you get lots of IM's, but on most fora I never have more than 5 at the same time, I don't know if there are a lot of users who really would use such options, but if you use IM's a lot, it's, as I said, very useful!
Axplosion, I think that people are different, e.g. I'm admin and getting many PMs since members prefer them to mail. other forum staff also getting much PMs so I think that limitation is good thing and should be implemented.

Axplosion

Quote from: sensovision on August 04, 2003, 06:23:17 PM
Axplosion, I think that people are different, e.g. I'm admin and getting many PMs since members prefer them to mail. other forum staff also getting much PMs so I think that limitation is good thing and should be implemented.

True, very true, but, as I said, if you use personal messages a lot, it's very useful... :)
I just got my first PM on this board (message from Acf: 'just testing im' :P )! :D

Anyway, it shouldn't be to hard to make, IM Folders option, and the more functionality the better, so why not...? :)

bcswebco.com

Noticed no talk of this since 8/2004 and not included with 1.0 final.

Are there any plans for a folder system for a future update/version (or as a mod)?
The remaining space feature would be great as well.

- Bill

[Unknown]

Quote from: bcswebco.com on January 06, 2005, 09:47:01 AM
Noticed no talk of this since 8/2004 and not included with 1.0 final.

Are there any plans for a folder system for a future update/version (or as a mod)?
The remaining space feature would be great as well.

- Bill

No new features were included in 1.0 for a very good reason, so I'm not at all surprised (well, I wouldn't be if it hasdn't been my descision, too) that it wasn't changed in 1.0 final.

-[Unknown]

bcswebco.com

QuoteNo new features were included in 1.0 for a very good reason, so I'm not at all surprised (well, I wouldn't be if it hasdn't been my descision, too) that it wasn't changed in 1.0 final.
Thanks for the info.  We'll see if someone smarter than me can come up with a mod  ;)

-Bill

HEB XI 1

I realize this mod request has been dead for a while, but I recently revamped how I run a few things, and have realized that a mod like this would be highly useful to me and my moderators.

Anyone have some free time that could look into coding something like this?

winrules

PM Labels are default on 1.1.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

HEB XI 1

yes, but labels are not folders ... all the PM's are still listed in the Inbox.  What I (and I think the others) were talking about are actual folders that PM's could be sorted into.  Personally, I would like to have a "Drafts" folder, where I can store PM formats that I use alot.

JayBachatero

What you can do is labe your message then after you do that remove the inbox label.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

HEB XI 1

ahhh - see I missed the "remove label" option ... that works nicely :)

Advertisement: