News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

LOGIN ERROR!

Started by RL Joneson, April 01, 2008, 07:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RL Joneson

I only have the admin member on my forum. no other members yet. I went to change the username and password on the admin. I was sent an email with a different password to use. I now try logging in using both the one i was sent and the one I created and neither work. All i get its:

Sorry, you are out of login chances. Please come back and try again later.

Ive waited over a few hours and it still says this. Is there a way to get into my forum to  reset the admin user and pass, and straighten all of this out??

RL Joneson

Again. I only have one member. It's an admin. And i can't log into it. Also, when it asks for the user name or email to resend the password, it doesn't work. So basically i have no way to log into the admin of the forum. What do i do? Anything besides reinstalling??

jossanaijr

Are you sure you had entered the right username and password?  Had you tried again?

I know you can create a new member and after change it to admin using phpAdmin but someone can give you a better advice. (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227698.msg1462441#msg1462441)

RL Joneson

Thanks Josanna but it's runs an error on phpadmin. I think im on the right track, but the forum this code was snipped from is for SMF 1.0. I need it for 2.0. there must be a change in this script..
UPDATE smf_members SET ID_GROUP = '1' WHERE memberName = 'yourusername';

Here's the error it spit out.

Error

SQL query:

UPDATE smf_members SET ID_GROUP = '1' WHERE memberName = 'RLJoneson'

MySQL said: Documentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'memberName' in 'where clause'

Bulakbol

There's no more uppercase and camel-back fields. They are all now in lowercase and using underscore character. Try id_group and member_name.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

RL Joneson

Advertisement: