News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Removing language packs

Started by SingingCrane, March 21, 2008, 01:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SingingCrane

In this new version of SMF, it is sooo easy to install language packs! Thank you!! This saves a lot of time!

Now my only question is how do I remove ones that I do not want anymore?

Thanks for any help!!

codenaught

By deleting all the language files for a particular language in Themes/default/languages, SMF will automatically treat it like the language is no longer installed on the forum and will have members that had that language set as their language use the forum default language instead.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

SingingCrane

Hmm...ok. I can do that. It just seems that with the development heading in the direction of automation through the admin panel I would have thought that a feature to remove a language pack would have been implemented. Oh well...maybe in future versions?

Thanks for the help! :)

eedavidee

also you will need to delete  themes/images/(language) folder for the corresponding language you have removed.
i love wine and wine loves me. wine with character  http://www.cokc.biz

thesikaleon

I just deleted all german files in Themes/default/languages and now I cant access the language menu in admin panel. Gives me an error cause files missing. So I was forced to install manually all german files again.

Any idea how to uninstall a language?

OCJ

After reading this topic and this one:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=203295.0

I just got exactly the same problem with informal German files ... cannot access admin language area after deleting all the files in the theme language folder and agreement file.

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/..../..../public_html/events/Themes/default/languages/index.german_informal-utf8.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /..../......./public_html/events/Sources/ManageServer.php on line 1093

Guess I will try hunting down any remaining files or worst case, re-upload as previous user did.

Back soon.

OCJ

Cleaning out the cache worked.

Advertisement: