News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Search not working after upgrade

Started by Astondb5, March 22, 2008, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edi67

same problem for me this my error too:

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_search

i using smf 2.0 beta 3.1

with some words work with another not work and show me that error
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Astondb5

I fixed my error by going to the search options and changing rebuilding the index and using an indexed search and it now works fine

holodoc

Quote from: Astondb5 on June 05, 2008, 08:02:15 PM
I fixed my error by going to the search options and changing rebuilding the index and using an indexed search and it now works fine
This solution worked for me too. I made a medium custom index in my search options and checked the forced index usage options. It works fine.

FMaz

I know the topic is really old, but I have the exact same problem with SMF 2, RC2, and I think it still pertinent. (Note that I use a french version, so I might translate some words a bit differently)

So to activate the Index Search, I must go in:
Forum->Search->Search Mode.

And then I have 3 checkbox in the Search Index frame:
- No index
- Text index
- Custom Index

For now, I'm not indexed (No Index), so I wanted to use Text Index. When selecting the radio box, I receive a message that tells me that to use text index, I must create an index.

Also, under the radio box, I have a little note saying:
"Index: ne peut être créé car le message dépasse la taille de 65,535 caractères ou la table n'est pas du type MyISAM "

Translation: "Index: cannot be created because the message size exceed 65,635 characters or the table isn't a MyISAM one."

All my tables are MyISAM. And I'm sure that I do have messages exceeding 65635 character.

So my question is:
How can I fix the error and activate the search ?  :-\
(Because it looks kind of dumb to have an error when using a basic function such as "search"  ;))

joker7

any info on this error?
i have smf 2.0 rc4 and i am getting this, also when i create a full index after that some searches return totally unrelated results.
the error log says

siteurl/index.php?action=search2
Function: PlushSearch2
File: sitepath/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1570

imseor

Quote from: joker7 on December 11, 2010, 01:36:01 PM
any info on this error?
i have smf 2.0 rc4 and i am getting this, also when i create a full index after that some searches return totally unrelated results.
the error log says

siteurl/index.php?action=search2
Function: PlushSearch2
File: sitepath/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1570

I have had the same error. Tick "Enable simple search" in Admin/Forum/Search -> Settings helped me.

Advertisement: