News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwsteele

Hello,
   I love this rep system and it seems that everything is working ok but I have one question...

Why doesn't it show who has given reputation to a post in that post?

Every other forum I have been on that has reputation or karma says in the post its self who likes it or repped it.

I hope this makes some sense.

I was wondering if this is the way that it was coded or if something is wrong with my install.

Thanks again,

Henry

NPimenta

Hello there,

i installed this Advanced Reputation System in my SMF forum, everything works fine, but i have one little problem.

in the user profile, when show the reputation the "image" is allways gray "karma_disabled_basic" insted of green or red...

can anyone help me ?

51n7

Quote from: Fustrate on April 17, 2008, 02:27:56 AM
For the "Add Reputation" under the post - make sure  all of the images got uploaded into your theme's image folder.

The huge white space and no popup seems to be a javascript problem. Is there a url I go to to look at this?

Hello everyone! I was having a very similar problems as well, and this advice helped me out, I will post a before and after photo. All I did was copy all the .gif files into the main image directory for my theme and it works like a charm now!

These are the before photos first one is from Safari and  second from Mozillia:

After photo, I am only posting one because it now works and looks the same in all browsers.

GamePersia

I am using advanced reputaton mod (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1129)
But i want increase and decrease reputation logo on posts,...like below !!
by which a user can add or less rep. by themselves,..No post counts or points !!

Help needed !! :(

[OG]Anirudh

Matthew K.

Parse the modification and do reverse of Manual Installation of Mods. Note: you'll also need to modify the same template files listed on other themes that it's installed on. For instance (./Themes/default/Display.template.php -> ./Themes/custom/Display.template.php).

[OG]Anirudh

TRR

Hello,

I just installed this mod and everything is working but my icons are not showing. The files are in the main theme directory, but it just has words where the images should be under their avatar. Any help is appreciated.

-Erik

Pudders

Hi,
I recently had this mod installed but have noticed although you can click on the 'Add reputation' link and add reputation(or smite) along with your comment, it no longer increases the members reputation count.  I recently moved the forum to a new web server could it be something in the permissions causing this issue?  I only ask as there have been loads of other SMF permission errors since the move.  If it's not that, can anyone point me in the right direction to sort this as I paid to have it installed and it's frustrating that it no longer works - thanks.

Pudders

Can anyone help with this?
I paid the creator to install it a couple of months ago but it no longer works.

If I cannot get this working does anyone know of a similar mod they have tried/installed?

Thanks

m62power

Hi all,

I'm running SMF 2.0.8
I have download the package reputation_2-0-1-8-3.tar.gz

But when i try to install it i get this error.

What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Matthew K.

I don't know? There's nothing on that screenshot that would indicate what the issue would be. Scroll down and it'll show you what the errors actually are.

m62power

Hi, Im sorry for that. Thanks for fast reply.

Here are a couple more screenshots from the errors.

Matthew K.

Go ahead and install it despite the errors, and also attach ./Sources/Load.php here and I'll help you.

m62power

Thank you very much for helping me out! I have not yet installed. But i have attached the ./Sources/Load.php in this post.

Matthew K.

m62power

Hi, i'm back. I have installed the package and it says all was installed succesfull. But i have attached the ./Sources/Load.php.

Thanks again!

I have checked in my topics and see this picture error.

Matthew K.

m62power

Okay, I'm stucked now, i dont see what i need to do next.  :-[

Edit:

Is it correct that i need to add this to my theme that i'm using.

./Themes/default/Xml.template.php

Find (at the end of the file):

?>

Add Before:

function template_reputation()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $txt;

echo '<', '?xml version="1.0" encoding="', $context['character_set'], '"?', '>
<smf>';

if($context['error_txt'] == "")
echo '
<result>', cleanXml($txt['reputation_sent']), '</result>';