News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need to use V2 on a new forum please- bug problem

Started by testingtimes, March 30, 2008, 05:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testingtimes

I have been well recommended to SMF when reasearching which forum to choose for a brand new forum for our club.
However the clubs main requirement is too be able to approve posts before they appear and I cannot change their mind about that at present.
SMF V1 has no feature to do this so if I am to use SMF it must be V2.

The only bug stopping me from risking this at present is when new users register, they choose 'Not to allow other members to email' it has the reverse effect and actually publishes their full email address when clicking on their profile. This is an unfortunate breach of confidentiality:

Bug #1858: [Registration] Allow users to email option is incorrect
http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=1858

I want to take out chartered membership so that we have good support cover, if I do is there any way the fix for this can be integrated into the V2 I will be using and when would it be available please.

Thanks
Phil

testingtimes

.........bump

Hi could someone in support please consider this and advise whether a fix or a workaround with the text would help.

Also does the chartered membership cover help for this beta version please.

Thanks
Phil

rsw686

Find that spot in the registration code and place a ! to invert the logic.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

rsw686

Actually I just took a look at the files. The difference between 1.1.4 was that it stated "Hide email address from public?" and 2.0 states "Allow users to email you?". The easiest thing would be to just change the language string to state what 1.1.4 says.

In Themes\default\languages\index.english.php on line 346

$txt['allow_user_email'] = 'Allow users to email you?';

Just change that to

$txt['allow_user_email'] = 'Hide email address from public?';
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

testingtimes

Thanks very much rsw686 for taking the trouble to help.

Guess I will just have to watch carefully when they fix it in the next release and maybe change the text back if they have made a coding fix.

Would like to know if the chartered membership would help cover me if I use the beta but who ever runs the charter side cannot see this posting perhaps?

Thanks again
Phil

Advertisement: