Need your assistance: No records appear in forum boards after db import

Started by glam, April 18, 2008, 10:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glam

Today I created my new forum, installed SMF 1.1.4, and replaced the new database with my backup from the other site (just the tables; not the database name).

I then ran repair_settings.php, and everything looked as expected, except I got an error on Queryless URLs, but I clicked OFF. SMFCookies defaulted to 234 but repair_settings recommended 11, so I accepted 11.

I can now see the structure of all the boards (looks just like the old place, minus themes), but there is no data in any of the boards. Even though a column says, for example, 1090 Posts/76 Topics -- nothing is there.

When I look at the table structure or browse certain tables in phpMyAdmin, such as smf_members, I can see records.

Maybe the following info will help someone help me resolve this issue.

My first challenge was the import database function. The compressed backup of my old forum was only 31 MB, but the server at my new host kept timing out. I kept trying for hours, and then decided to break it down. So I took backups of the old forum (which is still up but in maintenance mode) table by table. Yes, I did this 42 times and uploaded the tables one by one via phpMyAdmin. I ignored structure (because it was already in place) and went with data: complete inserts, use ignore inserts, and BLOB.

I was unable to import smf_log_search_words and smf_messages. Each table compressed was around 13 MB, and the server kept timing out. I figured I'd come back to them later. I can't imagine those two tables are causing the problem, but what do I know?

After exporting tables to my hard drive, I checked each one in textpad. Where appropriate, all the value columns contained records. So why can't I see any?

I am not a database person, but I wonder if this may be a problem: The old forum had a different domain and database name, so I am wondering if that's why I can't see anything. Tables at both old and new are prefixed with smf_

The database info in settings.php looks fine, but I wonder if there's something else that isn't communicating properly.

Does anyone have any advice on what I need to do to see the data on the forum?

Advertisement: