News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] IPB 2.3.x

Started by SleePy, May 09, 2008, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domi5

Converting posts (this may take some time)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `smf`.smf_messages
    (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, posterTime, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterIP, smileysEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, ID_BOARD, body, posterEmail, icon)

original board used latin1_swedish_ci so when i created another database for smf i chose to use the same charset .. but i don't know what's wrong

i just posted the beginning of the error .. the rest has IPs within but here's a sample for the post/msg body

دينا باب حجرة داليا بمرح و اعتياد قائلة: دولي..انا.. فوجدتها تقرأ القرآن
these were arabic characters :D

Norv

Please note that the error message (started as you say above) also should end in something more - more explanation. Can you please paste that one as well?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Domi5

Caused the error:

MySQL server has gone away

that's all .. b4 that there were also some
لمشاركاتك معانا في المواضيع المختلف&#1577

and mails / IPs of the posters

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Domi5

i still can't go around this limitation .. where to change it ? i checked the my.ini nothing there sets any timeout
beside am testing on my pc now using wamp .. but when i try to convert the original board i wont have access to mysql settings

Norv

Sorry for the delay.
Please, try: (invision23_to_smf.sql)
Code (find) Select

---* {$to_prefix}messages 200

Code (replace) Select

---* {$to_prefix}messages 100

xblazenx

Im totally confused  :(
I currently have IPB 3.0.1 and i just got a SMF Forum and my users from my previous board would like all their post to be on the new forum we have now which is SMF. I have downloaded the converter file but I started to get lost from that point on. Could anybody help me on how to convert, thanks:)

savrip

I'm interested in how the convert works exactly.  I'm hesitant to use it on a live board and have been trying to make a duplicate to run the test on.  If it only reads and exports from the IPB then I don't see any reason I couldn't use it on the live board.  I hope with all the hard work done on this converter that it serves my needs.  I've been wanting to get off of IPB for a long time.

ThorstenE

you can use your live board for the conversion, the converter makes a copy from the source system's data  to SMF. the source system (IPB) will remain untouched.
please check out Converting to SMF

Flamekebab

I'm trying to convert IPB 2.3.1 to SMF (either version) using the relevant converters locally. I've got my Invision board running on my home server and I've got SMF installed (2.0 RC5) at the moment using the same database.

When I try to run the conversion script it gets to
QuoteConverting...
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
It doesn't go any further or provide any buttons and when I check the SMF forum absolutely nothing has happened. When I view the source code of the page it doesn't finish (there's no end to the body tags/html tags, it just stops at "statistics..."). Observe:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<title>SMF Converter</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="Themes/default/scripts/script.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://simplemachines.org/smf/style.css" />
</head>
<body>
<div id="header">
<div title="Bahamut!">SMF Converter</div>
</div>
<div id="content">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="padding-top: 1ex;">
<tr>
<td width="250" valign="top" style="padding-right: 10px;">
<table border="0" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0" class="tborder" width="240">
<tr>
<td class="titlebg">Steps</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="windowbg2">
<span class="stepdone">Select Script</span><br />
<span class="stepdone">Welcome</span><br />
<span class="stepcurrent">Main Conversion</span><br />
<span class="stepwaiting">Recount Totals and Statistics</span><br />
<span class="stepwaiting">Done</span><br />
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td width="100%" valign="top">
<div class="panel">
<h2>Converting...</h2> Successful.<br />
Recalculating forum statistics...

I don't know if there are any error logs I should be checking (nowhere seems to document where the converter script logs to). What's going on?

I'd like to add that I had the exact same problem with the 1.x branch of SMF.

What can I do to give you the information you'd need to help me?
Has anyone else encountered something similar?

Aeolus

IPB 2.3.6
smf 2.0.2

Use the convert
Invision 2.3 to SMF 2-0 from here

Get these errors.
QuoteConverting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

Search the topic, but no help.
Thanks. :)

Quexinos

Quote from: Aeolus on April 12, 2012, 08:10:44 PM
IPB 2.3.6
smf 2.0.2

Use the convert

Get these errors.
QuoteConverting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

same problem.... anyone?

fhsds

Quote from: Quexinos on April 24, 2012, 03:05:02 AM
Quote from: Aeolus on April 12, 2012, 08:10:44 PM
IPB 2.3.6
smf 2.0.2

Use the convert

Get these errors.

same problem.... anyone?
Yes, I have the same problem

fhsds

is anybody here????? heeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!

quercus

I have an even more basic problem.
Basically, having read the conversion document I'm not exactly clear where I need to specify the from and to paths within convert.php and what path structure it is expecting (do I need to specify the location of the installed forum software or the sql database itself?).

ThorstenE

You need to specify the installed forum software for both SMF and IPB. Just upload the converter files to the same directory as SMF was installed, and the path for SMF is automatically detected..
a sample screenshot, hope it helps: http://www.smfportal.de/wiki/Converter.jpg

quercus

Thanks Thorsten. I had read the instructions that appeared to suggest the paths had to be input somewhere into the convert.php file itself, which is what threw me.

I have now got past that and have the same error as the posters above me ("Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)")

Any ideas? Is this a specific problem with the IPB 2.3 conversion tool?

ThorstenE

in invision23_to_smf.sql find:
Code (find) Select

$row['signature'] = substr(strtr(strtr($row['signature'], '<>', '[]'), array('[br /]' => '<br />')), 0, 65534);

add after
Code (add after) Select

/* fix invalid birthdates */
if(!preg_match('/\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}/', $row['birthdate']))
$row['birthdate'] = '0001-01-01';

Hope it helps..

quercus

Thanks. I think this could bea  long process. :)

I now have this error:
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (instant_messages)

ThorstenE

This "new" bug can be fixed, find:

/* fix invalid birthdates */
if(!preg_match('/\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}/', $row['birthdate']))
$row['birthdate'] = '0001-01-01';

add after:

$row['instant_messages'] = (int) $row['instant_messages'];

The converter seems to be full of bugs  :o Probably it's better to use the SMF 1.1x converter (that one should be free of bugs) and upgrade to SMF 2.0 at a later stage..

Advertisement: