News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] IPB 2.3.x

Started by SleePy, May 09, 2008, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

I have no way to debug that right now... The easiest way (for now...) is not to convert said calendar events. Are you actively using calendar events in IPB?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

martinmike2

unfortunately we are, ill skip them for now and figure out some way to get them over.  Thanks though

margarett

If you really need it, let's try to fix it instead of skipping it. It will be that much complicated to do after you are already running SMF.

If you want to help me helping you :P I need to see the converter in place. Is it OK to you to send me your cPanel login details? That way I can see what's wrong in the converter (or incompatible with your setup), fix it for you and improve the converter in the process :)
BTW: which converter are you using? The one from the first post in this topic?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

martinmike2

unfortunately im not at liberty to give you cpanel access.  Its not my server.

I am using the converter from http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters  Invision 2.3 to SMF 2.0

margarett

I understand that. Can you maybe export your database, zip and password-protect it and upload it somewhere so that I can try it locally?

martinmike2

Its ok, I got past it, we can re-create the calendar events wthout too much hassle.  Having another problem though.  The conversion completed successfully, however none of the topics have text in them, just the topic title.

margarett

Can you check in phpmyadmin, table smf_meessages, and check if the content is really there or not?

kode54

I am attempting to use this converter with an IP Board version 2.3.6 forum, and while I was able to get it working after applying several integer cast edits (to catch fields which had NULL values), now I'm stumped.

The entire contents of the smf_messages table has empty body fields, and I can verify that the original ibf_posts table contains valid post bodies, although possibly with some control characters in them? When I select them using the mysql command line tool, they emit control codes that affect the terminal.

I already have a convenient compressed and encrypted copy of the database, which I can share via PM, but beware, it's over 200MB compressed using xz -9, or 1.2GB uncompressed.

E: Disregard the duplicate primary keys error I encountered, it was due to resuming a step in the middle of operating on a given table, I just needed to delete everything converted including and following the specified record to resume, after making further edits to the script.

Somehow the script in this topic expects camelCase field IDs, while the 2.0.11 I have expects underscore separated field names.

E2: Now I am getting this error partway through the conversion if I enable debugging support, which would seem to indicate that the PHP session is expiring. I have no idea why it would do that, since I have set the expiration time to 24 hours for the duration of my conversion process.

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /var/www/xx/convert.php on line 66
Notice: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/xx/convert.php on line 70

E3: I fixed the session problem by manually transplanting the session variables from the previous session into the "new" one that was spontaneously created when I added the debug variable to the get parameters.

Now it's on to posts, and actually appears to be converting post bodies this time around.

E4: Yes, that duplicate index error. Perhaps it is a VERY BAD IDEA to try to cram multiple conversions into a single step of the convert page? Or at least advance a page load so you're always starting a new step on each page load? That way, a refresh doesn't result in errors like that, where the target data already exists, but the step thinks it needs to finish the job again.

kode54

Never mind, it seems I can't just DELETE ranges willy nilly, as the table items are OUT OF ORDER. Goody.

So, the correct action is to add an $ignore = true; line temporarily to a given step of the sql/php script, and/or start over from substep 0 when making changes to the script.

Advertisement: