@faminsk, there is no database changes between versions of the same series. They are mostly bug and security issues fixes.
Now, you ca upgrade your forum from the 1.1.1 to 1.1.5 in 2 ways.
1. You can update your forum one version at a time with just a few clicks from the package manager at the acp of your forum. There should be a link in there. Like this all your mods will be preserved intact
2. If the above way for some reason won''t work, then you can upgrade your forum manually. Upgrade it directly from 1.1.1 to 1.1.5. For more info have a look here
But like this all your mods will be un-installed.
Hope it helps
Ok...let's go back to the beginning. Here is the problem.
I am at version 1.1.5.
I got there by applying the package mods from 1.1.1 to 1.1.5 when they showed up on the package manager (see list below).
I am trying to apply the Attachments Layout mod to my forum and when I do I get the following error whenever I access a post with an attachment:
Unknown table 'thumb' in order clause
Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.5, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
Here is my Installed Packages list:
1. SMF 1.1.2 Update Package 1.1.2 [ Uninstall ]
2. FelBlog 0.82 [ Uninstall ]
3. SMF 1.0.11 / 1.1.3 Update 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
4. SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
5. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
6. FlashChat Integration 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
7. FelBlog for SMF 0.941 [ Uninstall ]
8. SMF Sitemap 1.2.1 [ Uninstall ]
9. nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox 1.15 [ Uninstall ]
A few things are obvious to me:
1. There was a database change between 1.1.1 and 1.1.5. If there wasn't I wouldn't be getting a database error.
2. The upgrades from the package manager did NOT
apply those database changes otherwise my database would not be at Version 1.1.1 and I would not have a missing table.
Now, let me get back to the main question. What do I do?
I have the "official" upgrade package. Should I just upload the sql and upgrade.php and execute it?
Should I uninstall all the package upgrades and go back to 1.1.1 and upgrade from the download site?
Should I apply the sql changes manually through phpMyAdmin?
The only way I found this error was trying to install the Attachements Layout mod.
I do not want to uninstall and reinstall all of the mods again.
Thanks again for your help.