Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

yggi49

Hi,

I installed this mod, and it basically works fine—good work!  I am experiencing one problem though: the "click here for all unread messages" list doesn't work properly anymore, although the "unread since last visit" list does.

Example: I am clicking "unread topics since last visit", and then read all the topics listed there.  Afterwards, this list is empty.  Now I am clicking on "click here for all unread messages"—and there, all the topics I just read are listed again.

Any ideas?

SSimple Team

2.0.1 Updated.
Please report any error and any translation are welcome
Cheers!

Mi Web: SMFSimple.com -

Help12345

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

yggi49

Thanks for the new version!  Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem:

Quote from: yggi49 on September 05, 2011, 05:54:01 AM
[...] the "click here for all unread messages" list doesn't work properly anymore, although the "unread since last visit" list does.

Example: I am clicking "unread topics since last visit", and then read all the topics listed there.  Afterwards, this list is empty.  Now I am clicking on "click here for all unread messages"—and there, all the topics I just read are listed again.

The list with all unread topics only gets emptied if I click "mark all messages as read"—but this shouldn't be necessary as I had already read them before...

4Kstore

Hi,

I installed this mod, and it basically works fine—good work!  I am experiencing one problem though: the "click here for all unread messages" list doesn't work properly anymore, although the "unread since last visit" list does.

Any ideas?

Hello yggi49, I tried to represent the error that comment and could not really see.
Show unread posts in the last visit since. shows all the new posts that were made since the last time you went until you loggin
Show new replies to your posts. shows the responses that were made in the posts that you created
The two links do not show the same content

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

yggi49

Quote from: 4kstore on September 27, 2011, 10:16:36 AM
Hi,

Any ideas?

Hello yggi49, I tried to represent the error that comment and could not really see.
Show unread posts in the last visit since. shows all the new posts that were made since the last time you went until you loggin
Show new replies to your posts. shows the responses that were made in the posts that you created

I probably explained it badly.  Let me try to re-phrase.

• I click Show unread posts since last visit in my forum, and the function does just that.
  • I click on the first topic and read it.
  • I go back to the list—naturally, the topic I just read doesn't show up any more.
  • When I have read all unread topics, it says No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics.
  • I click Click here to try all unread topics, and suddenly all the topics I have just read show up again.  This behavior is reproducibly different than without the mod installed.
  • Furthermore, clicking on each topic again, i.e. 're-reading' all the topics doesn't remove them from this all unread topics list.  They only disappear for good when I click the mark all messages read link.

For the sake of completeness, here is my list of other installed packages, though I doubt that they have any influence on this—after all, just uninstalling the "Ignore Topics" mod reverts the forum to its correct behavior.

• Google Member Map
  • Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin
  • Users Online Today
  • BBCode with style
  • SSI topic and replies
  • Ultimate Profile
  • SMF 2.0.1 Update

anakmacan

How to set ignore to certain boards by default?

Some boards're automatically ignored once members registered. So members will have to UNignore it instead of checking some boards to be ignored one by one.

chadon

QuoteI probably explained it badly.  Let me try to re-phrase.

I click Show unread posts since last visit in my forum, and the function does just that.
I click on the first topic and read it.
I go back to the list—naturally, the topic I just read doesn't show up any more.
When I have read all unread topics, it says No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics.
I click Click here to try all unread topics, and suddenly all the topics I have just read show up again.  This behavior is reproducibly different than without the mod installed.
Furthermore, clicking on each topic again, i.e. 're-reading' all the topics doesn't remove them from this all unread topics list.  They only disappear for good when I click the mark all messages read link.
I am having the same problem and here are the mods I have in common with yggi49.
- Google Member Map
- Ultimate Profile

The mod is installed on SMF 2.0.2
The bug appears on the default theme and on other themes with no mods installed.

uolj

Quote from: 4Kstore on September 27, 2011, 10:16:36 AM
Hi,

Any ideas?

This mod was added to two different forums that I am a user (not an admin) on. Thanks!

But the above bug is definitely occurring on both forums since the mod was installed.

Please note that it is not the "Show unread posts since last visit" link that has the problem, it is the "All Unread Topics" page. They are different. The only way I know of to go to the All Unread Topics page is as yggi49 described (by reading all threads in the "Show new replies to your posts" page), or by going directly.

On this forum, here are the links:

It is the third one that is having the problem, not the first two. The first two are the ones that are modified by this mod to include the Ignore Topics change, but they are working correctly.

dudi_

I found an error in this mod, but I am unable to find the solution.

Everything was working fine until my board reached 100.000 posts. When people exceeded this magic number when I click "show unread posts" I see lots of old topics marked as read. Reading this topic again doesn't help, topics are visible as unread all the time.

I can't find myself where is the bug...

EDIT: sorry, I see that this problem was reported.

On my site problem is only above 100k posts. Under 100k everything works fine. Maybe this information can help with solving the problem.

rawonam

Hello, I'm considering applying this mod, but there's certainly something that I need and it's missing: "Ignore topic" button on the topic display page (DisplayTemplate.php). Has anyone implemented something like this?

Geor'G

Nice mod.

Translate Russian.

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.russian.php">
<!--// Adds the language strings used by this modification //-->
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['ignoretopics_empty'] = 'Отменить игнорирования по всему списку тем';
$txt['permissionname_ignore_topics'] = 'Игнорировать темы';
$txt['permissionhelp_ignore_topics'] = 'Игнорирование тем, включая функции "Новые сообщения с последнего визита" и "Новые ответы на ваши сообщения".';
$txt['permissionname_unlimited_ignore_topics'] = 'Разрешить неограниченное число игнорируемых тем';
$txt['permissionhelp_unlimited_ignore_topics'] = 'Пользователи могут игнорировать темы в любом количестве (без ограничений).';
$txt['date_ignored'] = 'По дате';
$txt['ignore_topics_none'] = 'В настоящие время, нет игнорируемых тем';
$txt['ignoretopicsdisallowed'] = 'Разрешить игнорировать темы';
$txt['ignoretopics'] = 'Игнорирование тем';
$txt['ignore_topics'] = 'Игнорировать темы';
$txt['unignore_topics'] = 'Не игнорировать';
$txt['ignoretopics_info'] = 'При игнорирование тем, вы не сможете их видеть в списке тем, по опциям форума - "Новые сообщения с последнего визита" и "Новые ответы на ваши сообщения".<br />Однако вы все равно будете видеть эти темы, в списке тем раздела.';
$txt['topics_not_found'] = 'Нет тем';
$txt['unignored_all_topics'] = 'Список игнорируемых тем - очищен.';
$txt['ignored_topics_updated'] = 'Список игнорируемых тем, обновлён';
$txt['allow_ignore_topics'] = 'Включить игнорирование тем<div class="smalltext">В настоящие время, игнорируется %d тем, с числом записей - %d, у %d пользователей</div>
<br /><div class="smalltext">(<a href="%s">Все</a> - отменить)</div>';
$txt['limit_ignore_topics'] = 'Максимальное число, игнорируемых тем<div class="smalltext">Не действует на пользователей с включеный опцией - "неограниченное число игнорируемых тем" (см. Права доступа).</div>';
$txt['ignoretopics_info_limited'] = 'У вас уже есть <strong>%d</strong> игнорируемых тем. Вы можете иметь максимум - %d игнорируемых тем. Когда игнорируемых тем превысит ваш лимит, самые старые, будут заменятся новыми (Так что вы никогда не превысите свой лимит).';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

lean

Sorry, SSimple Team not supported in English language at the moment.
In SMFSimple.com We are looking for partners with this language to provide better support to all.
Thanks for understanding.

gunnymcduck

The buttons in the forums to ignore topics/boards is missing:

What it should look like:

What it does look like:

I reverted back to the default theme, it didn't work there either.

The thing is, the in-profile buttons are there:

I made sure I had the required setting under "Look-and-feel" as well:

Nightcat

Quote from: gunnymcduck on March 10, 2013, 02:21:25 PM

The buttons in the forums to ignore topics/boards is missing:
Same problem

@rjen

Quote from: dudi_ on March 10, 2012, 09:29:47 AM
I found an error in this mod, but I am unable to find the solution.

Everything was working fine until my board reached 100.000 posts. When people exceeded this magic number when I click "show unread posts" I see lots of old topics marked as read. Reading this topic again doesn't help, topics are visible as unread all the time.

I can't find myself where is the bug...

EDIT: sorry, I see that this problem was reported.

On my site problem is only above 100k posts. Under 100k everything works fine. Maybe this information can help with solving the problem.

Hi, I ran into the same issue this week when my forum hit the 100.000 messages limit. Took me quite some time to figure this out.
Now this issues still is unresolved, the question arises. Is there anyone still looking for a solution? 

Obviously the code issue is in the 'recent.php' part that gets triggered when the number of messages exceeds 100.000.
If there is no support I will have to remove the MOD and find some alternative...

Thanks in advance for any reply...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

thernlund

^^ I've hit the same problem.  Forum tops 100,000 posts and topics listed under "All Unread Topics" are never marked read.

I've uninstalled this mod and the problem went away.  I can't use this mod until the problem is rectified.  Judging from the fact that this issue to 2 years old, I'm going to guess that this mod is no longer maintained?

-T.

vbgamer45

I believe you have to make an edit to recent.php to increase the 100000 limit to a higher number change it to a million
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: