News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ignore Topics

Started by vbgamer45, May 19, 2008, 02:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 09, 2014, 04:01:45 PM
I believe you have to make an edit to recent.php to increase the 100000 limit to a higher number change it to a million

The thought crossed my mind, but the question is then, WHY is the standard SMF code using the 100.000 limit? I can update it no problem, but would there be any unwanted knock-on effects in future when we hit the 500.000 or so?

I have about 1500 users (maximum active at a given time about 65), and they will ALL use the unread all function.
Performance issues?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Ninja ZX-10RR

Got 2 errors in the error log, not really sure how he could do them, pretty sure it's related to this though.
QuoteGuest
Type of error: Undefined
http://vige.altervista.org/forum/index.php?action=recent;start=90A
8: Undefined variable: can_ignore
File: /membri/vige/forum/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 311

Type of error: Undefined
http://vige.altervista.org/forum/index.php?action=recent;start=90
8: Undefined variable: can_ignore
File: /membri/vige/forum/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 309

Could you please fix these vbgamer? Thanks in advance :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

This is not vbgamer's mod :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

I keep confusing the relative sites -_- sorry then, then I will say "mod author" can you please fix it? :)
Ty margie :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: uolj on March 02, 2012, 04:10:39 PM
Quote from: 4Kstore on September 27, 2011, 10:16:36 AM
Quote from: yggi49 on September 05, 2011, 05:54:01 AM
Hi,

I installed this mod, and it basically works fine—good work!  I am experiencing one problem though: the "click here for all unread messages" list doesn't work properly anymore, although the "unread since last visit" list does.

Example: I am clicking "unread topics since last visit", and then read all the topics listed there.  Afterwards, this list is empty.  Now I am clicking on "click here for all unread messages"—and there, all the topics I just read are listed again.

Any ideas?

Hello yggi49, I tried to represent the error that comment and could not really see.
Show unread posts in the last visit since. shows all the new posts that were made since the last time you went until you loggin
Show new replies to your posts. shows the responses that were made in the posts that you created
The two links do not show the same content

This mod was added to two different forums that I am a user (not an admin) on. Thanks!

But the above bug is definitely occurring on both forums since the mod was installed.

Please note that it is not the "Show unread posts since last visit" link that has the problem, it is the "All Unread Topics" page. They are different. The only way I know of to go to the All Unread Topics page is as yggi49 described (by reading all threads in the "Show new replies to your posts" page), or by going directly.

On this forum, here are the links:

It is the third one that is having the problem, not the first two. The first two are the ones that are modified by this mod to include the Ignore Topics change, but they are working correctly.

Same issue here, to be more specific it's showing topics that I have myself replied to, or at least read.

Attached screenshots..the one with blue is the one that should be showing, but is not.

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

StarredSkies

Hello! I have been experiencing some problems with this modification. This is NOT a permissions problem(from what I can tell), as that has been double/triple/quad checked, but I am still open to checking these things upon request. Other admins, moderators, and regular users have been experiencing problems. As of right now, we use the subaccounts modification and the Reseller theme, along with 2.0.15. Anyways, here is my problem...

As of recent, I installed this mod in hopes that it could ignore topics and boards. For some users, it works just fine, but for others, it does not have the check boxes on their recent unread topics tab. We have not been able to find a specific indicator of what leads to this problem as of right now.  Any answers?

Arantor

That is likely a problem related to the fact you have subaccounts more than anything, because each sub account is its own physical account - double check all the details between accounts.

The whole implementation of subaccounts the way pretty much everyone does it is a Bad Idea(tm) for so many reasons, but not least problems like this.

In the case of ignoring boards, that's a core feature but you'd have to set it up once per subaccount.

vbgamer45

Version 2.4
Updated with support for PHP 7.4+ removed create_function call
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: