News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Points and Color mods

Started by prowayneo, May 20, 2008, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prowayneo

hi there i was wondering is their a MOD out their with a point system so members can get points for posting, PMing, new topic and so on. and another MOD out their that costs points to color your topic or make text bold or underlined and so the members can gain points by refering and and a lottery on the forum also gain points for wining an event (an admin give them points for wining an event)

i am using:
SMF 1.1.4
TinyPortal v1.0.5 BETA 1

Check out my website at www.legion-clan.net [nofollow] it still needs alot of work comments most welcome but you cant register as it is a Legion member only forum  :P

Oldiesmann

The shop mod sort of accomplishes what you want:

Users get points (shop credits) for posts/new topics (you can configure how many points they get for each new post / new topic)
Users can spend these points to do things like change the color/format of their display name, sticky a topic, etc.

There is also a referral mod, but that doesn't give you shop credits.

Not sure about a lottery mod.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Eliana Tamerin

Shop mod was removed from the mod database a week or so ago by the Customization team for security issues.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

prowayneo

is their any other way of doing this ?? or is their another place i can get this "SMF Shop" from ?

karlbenson

SMF Shop is currently not on the mod site due to a possible security vulnerabilty.
Although it is available elsewhere, you would be reckless to use it until a patch has been posted/the mod updated for the issue with it.

prowayneo

is their another mod out their that could so what i would like it to do

Eliana Tamerin

Download | Docs

SantaClaws

Quote from: karlbenson on May 21, 2008, 08:39:51 PM
SMF Shop is currently not on the mod site due to a possible security vulnerabilty.
Although it is available elsewhere, you would be reckless to use it until a patch has been posted/the mod updated for the issue with it.

What security vulnerability? Whats wrong with it?

erisa

Is there anyone else who is able to create a mod such as the shop mod. it is a pity that no one else is doing something similar or helping daniel with it.

it is one of the best mod around.

karlbenson

I am not aware of what the security issue is.
It is being raised with Daniel15 for him to patch as soon as possible for him to do so.

prowayneo

i am not after karma i am after points so they can use the points to make their posts bold and make a glow also, so they can buy points if they wish or they can get point by posting i have seen something like this at http://www.d2jsp.org/ [nofollow] but they use forum gold not points

Eliana Tamerin

You'll just have to wait, then.

Download | Docs

Koda

Eliana Tamerin