News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Drupal 6.2

Started by SleePy, May 27, 2008, 05:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Software: Drupal
Version: 6.2

This is the official support topic for Drupal 6.2 converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.
A big thanks goes to ThorstenE for his help in creating the converter.

Changelog

drupal_migration.php
For the conversion to be able to complete, the drupal_migration.php file is required. You will need to modify this file to reflect your Database name and Database prefix (if specified). You can find this information in /sites/<site name>/settings.php in the variable "$db_url" and "$db_prefix"

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

gav240z

Does this allow you to migrate from Drupal to SMF or from SMF to Drupal?

Dragooon

From Drupal to SMF, not vica-versa :)
See Converting to SMF to know how to convert to SMF from other forum software.

Facu

tonnyl

Hey,

thanks for the converter but theres just one issue. I have two different Drupal 6.2 forums that i need to convert to SMF. I have tried to use the converter but it overwrites the convert i did before.

Would it be possible to change the script so it add forums, topics, users and so on?

Tonny

SleePy

You would have to convert it to two different SMF forums.

The .sql file has a path set to the default site. You would have to change this path to be the other drupal site you want to convert.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

tonnyl

Just to make sure that you understand me.
What I want is to merge the two Drupal forums to one SMF forum. If thats not possible, would it be possible to merge two SMF forums?

p0m

Hola there,

I'm trying to use these scripts with a 6.3 installation and the latest smf in the 1.1x branch, however the conversion script keeps returning "Unable to find the settings for Drupal 6.2 . Please double check the path and try again." even though I've specified the locations correctly

Both installations are in the same directory tree, and the databases are on the same sql server, with the SMF user having full access to the database.

Any suggestions?

ThorstenE

two ideas:

- the pathes during conversion are absolute pathes like /home/www/user/forum... maybe you have entered relative pathes or URLs instead?

- have you downloaded the drupal_migration.php from the first post of this topic and placed in your drupal directory?

kerberos

Looking worked but I got some warning:

Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories...
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/virtual/my.com/htdocs/smf/convert.php(929) : eval()'d code on line 11
Successful.
Converting boards...
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/virtual/my.com/htdocs/smf/convert.php(929) : eval()'d code on line 11
Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting posts - Part 2(this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting avatars... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

ThorstenE

kerberos, is the result from the conversion OK or is there something missing?

nhepner

Had some issues with escaping descriptions in the board categories. A problem with single-quotes. I ended up going into the DB and escaping the few instances of single quotes we had manually, so the job completed successfully. Just figured I'd post about it.

kerberos

Quote from: TE on May 16, 2009, 08:19:10 AM
kerberos, is the result from the conversion OK or is there something missing?

overall worked but I'd to delete some categories.

Thank very much

Note:

I converted from drupal 6.5 to smf 1.1.8

ThorstenE

lannygoodman

i'm trying to convert a drupal 6.16 site to SMF.  as far as i can see from drupal, 6.16 is the current version.  there doesn't appear to be a 6.2.  at any rate i can't get the converter to work.  it says it can't find the settings.php file, which is right on the path the converter specifies.  any help would be most appreciated.  thanks.

ThorstenE

lannygoodman, you need the drupal_migration.php from the first message in this topic:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=241557.0;attach=56931
QuoteFor the conversion to be able to complete, the drupal_migration.php file is required. You will need to modify this file to reflect your Database name and Database prefix (if specified). You can find this information in /sites/<site name>/settings.php in the variable "$db_url" and "$db_prefix"

baluk

Hi!
It's almost good converter but doesn't reflect private messages and topics number views. Is it any chance to include it?

ThorstenE

Quote from: baluk on March 15, 2010, 10:28:49 AM
Hi!
It's almost good converter but doesn't reflect private messages and topics number views. Is it any chance to include it?
Is this a core feature of Drupal or is it an addon / modification?

baluk

Private messages it's an addon but it's not so important to me. Users if they would like to can move messages to the new forum by hand using copy and paste.
I think that number of topic views should be included into converter because it's very important information and shows what is popular.
I also noticed that converter has problem with topics that doesn't exist but information about them are stored in DB.
Another problem is that converter assigns to me autorship of some topics.

Advertisement: