News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Frustrate Your Guests

Started by slinouille, May 27, 2008, 08:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slinouille

Link to Mod

FrustrateYourGuests v1.1
By Slinouille

Introduction
This mod gives the ability to frustrate your guest by showing them all the topics of a board, but when trying to watch a topic then all posts are hidden.

Features
o Ability to enable or disable the mod
o Ability to activate it for each board
o Will only be taken into account if Guests are allowed on the board
o Ability to disable any existing board rights for Guests on which FYG is enabled

Installation
Simply install the package to install this modification on the SMF Default Core theme.
Manual edits will be required for other themes.

This mod is compatible with SMF 2.0 RC1 and above only.

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification.

Changelog
1.1 - 23th April 2009
o Bug correction: if guest was printing the topic then he/she could see the content of posts. Not any more.

1.0 - 14th April 2009
o Entirely recoded

0.1 - 27th May 2008
o first public release
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Apllicmz

Good Work
Work fine

translate portuguese and brazilian

<file name="$languagedir/ManagePermissions.portuguese.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
//Begin mod Frustrate Your Guests
$txt['permissionname_view_messages'] = 'Ver quadro das mensagens';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_messages'] = 'Activar esta op&ccedil;&atilde;o permite o seu visitante para ver todas as mensagens. Se n&atilde;o for activado, os visitantes ir&atilde;o ver todos os seus conselhos de administra&ccedil;&atilde;o e t&oacute;picos, mas n&atilde;o ser&atilde;o permitidos para ver mensagens. Na verdade, ser&aacute; solicitado para entrar ou registar se.<br><br><u>IMPORTANT : Por favor note que esta op&ccedil;&atilde;o s&oacute; &eacute; possível quando voc&ecirc; esta autorizado a ver os  quadro dos visitantes.</u>';
//End mod Frustrate Your Guests
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/ManagePermissions.brazilian.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
//Begin mod Frustrate Your Guests
$txt['permissionname_view_messages'] = 'Ver quadro das mensagens';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_messages'] = 'Activar esta op&ccedil;&atilde;o permite o seu visitante para ver todas as mensagens. Se n&atilde;o for activado, os visitantes ir&atilde;o ver todos os seus conselhos de administra&ccedil;&atilde;o e t&oacute;picos, mas n&atilde;o ser&atilde;o permitidos para ver mensagens. Na verdade, ser&aacute; solicitado para entrar ou registar se.<br><br><u>IMPORTANT : Por favor note que esta op&ccedil;&atilde;o s&oacute; &eacute; possível quando voc&ecirc; esta autorizado a ver os  quadro dos visitantes.</u>';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Login.portuguese.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
//Start mod Frustrate Your Guests
$txt['mod_fyg_message'] = 'Somente membros registrados têm permissão para ler as mensagens.';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Login.brazilian.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
//Start mod Frustrate Your Guests
$txt['mod_fyg_message'] = 'Somente membros registrados têm permissão para ler as mensagens.';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

RvG

thanks! this is excellent for bots to crawl the site without that much surfing...

Daggers

Can this be altered for 1.1.5 ........   PLEASE :D

_Anthony_

Quote from: Daggers on May 28, 2008, 03:19:21 AM
Can this be altered for 1.1.5 ........   PLEASE :D

Yes do it your self. Or see if him will do it.

Daggers

Quote from: MrMoney on May 28, 2008, 04:00:50 AM
Quote from: Daggers on May 28, 2008, 03:19:21 AM
Can this be altered for 1.1.5 ........   PLEASE :D

Yes do it your self. Or see if him will do it.

I just did!!

Can this be altered for 1.1.5 ........   PLEASE

chrisb

Are we able to see this version made for 1.1.5

this would be very good for alot of people who use these site as well.

slinouille

Hello guys !

I see that a conversion to 1.1.5 seems vital for some of you  ;D

I'll do that in the next days (I've got to reinstall a 1.1.5 smf forum and do an adaptation)

@joomlamz : thank you for trnaslations ... I'll insert them into a next release  ;)

Any other translations ?

Bye
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

nick09

Quote from: slinouille on May 28, 2008, 03:43:40 PM
Hello guys !

I see that a conversion to 1.1.5 seems vital for some of you  ;D

I'll do that in the next days (I've got to reinstall a 1.1.5 smf forum and do an adaptation)

@joomlamz : thank you for trnaslations ... I'll insert them into a next release  ;)

Any other translations ?

Bye

Yeah just install a test forum for 1.1.5 and make the mod compatible.

RvG

can you add also aside from guest other membergroups on the field?

Other membergroups are allowed to browse and open topics but not read. This is in regards when a group is not allowed to go beyond that category.

Is this possible? :)

LT07

I have never seen the point in the members area being hidden from guests (especially by default) they just shouldn't be able to view posts.

I thought your mod was the answer BUT

My forum is already split into two sections, members and non members. With your mod they can preview the members topics without actually viewing them however they can no longer view the topics in the guests area :(

These permissions need to be able to be set for individual forums if you already have a guest posting area.
(or maybe I haven't got it set up right)

slinouille

@LT07 : it is exactly how the mod has to be set. For each individual forums you have to set or not this right on.
So for the guest forums, you should not activate this right otherwize they will not be authorized to read topics messages

@RvG : do you mean that you would like to have the same right for membergroups?
Example: if your set this right on for membergroup1, all members of this group will not be abble to read topics messages on individual forums where this same right is set on.
Is that it?

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

slinouille

Happy nick09!

Please get version 0.2, it is compliant with SMF 1.1.5  ;D

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

villasg

Quote from: slinouille on May 29, 2008, 05:49:57 AM
Happy nick09!

Please get version 0.2, it is compliant with SMF 1.1.5  ;D

SliN

Hi . I run a board 1.1.5
If try to send via pakage manager i get error pakage
I upload manualy in ftp and install --> ok
But dont make any change in files .
I make manualy the changes but again dont work for me .
Any help plz ?

protonxl

1.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Login.english.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.french.php    Skipping file
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Login.french.php    Skipping file
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.portuguese.php    Skipping file
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.brazilian.php    Skipping file
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Login.portuguese.php    Skipping file
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Login.brazilian.php    Skipping file
9.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
10.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Login.template.php    Test successful

slinouille

Hello,
@villasg : when installing through package manager, what is the error you get ?

@protonxl : thank you for your post but it doesn't help very much ... what it"s your version? but I suppose it is 1.1.5. As I don't have any real 1.1.5 forum, can you send me your ManagePermissions.php file ?

Thks
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

LT07

Quote from: slinouille on May 29, 2008, 05:06:36 AM
@LT07 : it is exactly how the mod has to be set. For each individual forums you have to set or not this right on.
So for the guest forums, you should not activate this right otherwize they will not be authorized to read topics messages

SliN

I can't get it working...
I have two sections "non members" and "members"
guests have always been able to post and view posts in the non members forum
After installing your mod I had to go into "permissions, guests" and set guest permissions "View boards messages" just so they could continue using the non members forums, now if I select a members forum and add guest to the forum they can view the posts!! what am I doing wrong?

villasg

Quote from: slinouille on May 30, 2008, 02:52:06 AM
Hello,
@villasg : when installing through package manager, what is the error you get ?

Hello no errors in the install .
But if i check my files no one have changes , and i make the changes manual but dont work again .

LT07

ok I've been through it all again, it doesn't work if you already have a non members area, whilst guests gain the ability to see to post titles of the members area they lose the ability to view posts in the non members area....

slinouille

ok thank you both for your precisions!
I've quickly checked things ... and SMF1.1.5 has an absolutely different way to manage permissions on boards. In SMF2, it is possible to give different permissions on each boards, things that doesn't seem possible to do with 1.1.5.
I've got to change the strategy for this version ... a simple adaptation as I've done is not enough  >:(
I'll do that ... if possible!
Thank you for your help  :D
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Advertisement: