Change membergroup's color

Started by dxyy, June 02, 2008, 10:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dxyy

How can I change the color of the title for a specific membergroup?

So for example here on SMf, some of the membergroups include SMF friend, Project Manager, Charter Member and so on. On my forum I'd like to change the color of the title for just one of the membergroups that I added. Is this possible, and how can it be achieved?

Thanks! :)

Eliana Tamerin

Admin CP > Membergroups

Modify the membergroup you wish to add color to.

Next to "Color in online list:" put down the color you want. You can use color names (standard ones, like red, blue, green, etc) or #hex values.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

dxyy

Thanks for your reply, Eliana, but I don't want to change the color in the online list - I already know how to do that.

I'd like to change the color of the title in the actual forum and shows up in member profiles and also in discussion threads.

So for example in your case, I'd like to change the color of "Support Team Apprentice" ;)

Jade Elizabeth

Then you need to change it in the online list too :), as thats how it gets its colour.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=111 <that will make the colour change throughout the forum.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

dxyy

Ok, whereas that mod has many functions, it doens't appear to have the one thing I am really after!

I just want to change the position title for one specific membergroup. I don't want to change the color of the member's display name or anything like that.

So in your case, Alundra, I'd only like to change the color of "Doc Writer" and nothing else. ;)

Jade Elizabeth

Oh I getcha.

I don't know how to do that though. I know how to remove it, and move it round....But I dont know how to change the colour of that...That would require a mod, or at least someone with more php knowledge than me...

// Show the member's primary group (like 'Administrator') if they have one.
if (isset($message['member']['group']) && $message['member']['group'] != '')
echo '
', $message['member']['group'], '<br />';

Unless we could integrate the member colour link mod....I'd have to install it and take a look, I'll do that later (so bump it if I havent replied by tomorrow, and no one else has helped you :)).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Mister X

hey there those images are quite old and I'm looking desperately to find some up to date smf member-group colors :( can somebody help me :)

Jade Elizabeth

What are you asking for exactly?

Advertisement: