News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Snapshot BBCode

Started by burtybob, June 07, 2008, 09:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burtybob

Link to Mod

SNAPSHOT BBCODE (SHOW WEBSITE THUMBNAIL PREVIEW) v1.1
Orignally By Karl Benson
Now Developed By Ben Burt

Introduction
A modification for the use of [snapshot][/snapshot] bbcode to enable the showing of previewed links.
Thumbnails provided and taken by http://www.thumbnailspro.com/
(Note until a screenshot of the link has been taken, you will get a Soon... image)
Examples

Installation
Simply install the package to install this modification on the Default theme.

This version is for compatible with SMF 1.1.x
and with SMF 2.0 Beta 1 (which is currently available to Charter Members).

Manual edits will be required for non-default themes to add the BBCode button to the Post.template.php (if it has a custom version of the file)

Manual Edit
A Manual edit will be required for non-default themes to add the BBCode button to the Post.template.php (IF the theme has a custom Post.template.php)
FIND
'flash' => array('code' => 'flash',
ADD BEFORE
'snapshot' => array('code' => 'snapshot', 'before' => '[snapshot]', 'after' => '[/snapshot]','description' => $txt['snapshot']),
You will need to add a copy of the snapshot.gif image to EVERY themes images/bbc folder

If your using a language different than the ones supported this mod (listed below), then you will need to add the following to the Modifications.{language}.php for each theme (The language folder can be found eg Themes/{themename}/languages/)
If your using utf8, you may also need to add it to Modifications.{language}-utf8.php

FIND
?>
ADD BEFORE
$txt['snapshot'] = 'SnapShot';

Languages
o Supports by default
- English/English-utf8
- English_British/English_British-utf8

Features
o BBCode Button to Insert [snapshot][/snapshot] bbcode.
o Works with 2 different types of BBCODE
- Works with [snapshot][/snapshot] (Basic bbcode, uses the default sizes 150x120)
- Works with [snapshot=width,height][/snapshot] (With specified sizes)
o Includes size protection
- Prevents users using extremely small or large size (must be between 90px and 600px)

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification.
(Please don't ask me to do the edits for you)

Changelog
1.0 - 10th August 2007
o Initial release
1.1 - 14th November 2007
o Switched thumbshot provider to Artviper
o Added support for English_utf8
o Added support for English_British/English_British-utf8
o Alteration to installer
o Added SIZE support (with Size protection)
o Made to work on SMF 2.0 beta 1

NOTE: ArtViper now seems to be a register for service therefore I am looking for a replacement to artviper.
I have now replaced ArtViper with thumbnailspro.
If your support topic does not have a link i will NOT assist you.
A link is easy to add AND is a massive help very often.
And a login account would be usefull even if its only pass and user =demo and its a normal account its not hard to add those two pieces of information.

I will do edits for you but not for free :) time costs money.

burtybob

NOTE: This MOD has one draw back and that is that because it require artviper to be running and running well there may be times that the images (Snapshots) just say "getting preview" or something similar this is due to artviper NOT the MOD, so please do not post about that.
And a login account would be usefull even if its only pass and user =demo and its a normal account its not hard to add those two pieces of information.

HappyChinchilla

Hi burtybob,

Is there a way to make the mod work with the "Dilber MC" theme?

Thanks.

burtybob

There should be a way to get it working with the Dilber MC theme.
You will need to install it manually to the files that Dilber uses (because they override the defualt theme ones).
Good luck.

Doc.Blade

is there anything further you need to do for this mod?  All i am getting is the invalid registration images.  I even went to artviper and registered for it.

Everything with the mod installation seems to work fine, except for the images showing up.  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I also dont understand what you mean by this:

Quote from: burtybob(Note until a screenshot of the link has been taken, you will get a Soon... image)

Thank you

Rick

burtybob

Quote from: Doc.Blade on November 03, 2008, 10:16:37 PM
is there anything further you need to do for this mod?  All i am getting is the invalid registration images.  I even went to artviper and registered for it.

Everything with the mod installation seems to work fine, except for the images showing up.  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I also dont understand what you mean by this:

Quote from: burtybob(Note until a screenshot of the link has been taken, you will get a Soon... image)

Thank you

Rick

No there is not as far as i now know artviper are causing a problem therefore i will be looki9ng for a replacment site.
The
means that untill artviper (at the moment) has taken a screenshot of the link in the post the image being shown is "Soon..." as opposed to the actuall screenshot.

Doc.Blade

No probs, thank you very much for your reply, i appreciate it :)

Thanx again

Rick

Advertisement: