News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Errorssss? What do I do? Newbie help please!

Started by weswrk, June 07, 2008, 10:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weswrk

I am a complete newbie with this stuff so bare with me.

I have 1and1 as my host. I made a FTP account with /forum as the directory.  I set the domain destination of hxxp:forum.weswrk.com [nonactive] to /forum. I used SmartFTP to upload all the files using the user-name and password for my FTP account.  For the address entry I used hxxp:forum.weswrk.com [nonactive] which is the site I am trying to make a forum. I uploaded all the files.

When I go to hxxp:forum.weswrk.com [nonactive] I get error

Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.

When I go to hxxp:forum.weswrk.com/forum/install.php [nonactive]  I get

Error 404: NOT FOUND!
Your browser cannot find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in.

When I go to hxxp:forum.weswrk.com/forum [nonactive] I also get

Error 404: NOT FOUND!
Your browser cannot find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in.

Do you guys need any more info to help with this? You can e-mail me at lohnew(at)gmail(dot)com

Please help me, any help will be GREATLY appreciated. :D :D :D

EDIT:
I am deleting everything off the site now, and planing to upload it again. I don't know if this will help.

EDIT 2:
I dragged the whole install folder rather than dragging everything inside of the folder.

redone

I would start by verifying by FTP that the file is actually there. Or just try a different directory in your main webspace such as website root/community or something like that.

weswrk

Quote from: RedOne on June 07, 2008, 10:29:40 PM
I would start by verifying by FTP that the file is actually there. Or just try a different directory in your main webspace such as website root/community or something like that.

How do I verify?

redone

Quote from: weswrk on June 07, 2008, 10:30:51 PM
Quote from: RedOne on June 07, 2008, 10:29:40 PM

How do I verify?
check with your FTP client. Like I said also try using a different folder because maybe your subdomain is not set up correctly.

Advertisement: