News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] PHPKit

Started by SleePy, June 19, 2008, 08:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Software: PHPKit
Version: 1.6.x

This is the official support topic for PHPKit converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.
A big thanks goes to ThorstenE for his help in creating the converter.

Note: This was tested on PHPKit 1.6.4, but should in theory work on other versions of PHPKit if the database changes have not been to great.

Changelog
+ Added conversion of signature BBC code
! Fixed issues with topic notifications possibly having duplicate errors
! Removed a join that can cause high server loads.

How to convert
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Nightmage

The Database Structure from 1.6.4 is different from version 1.61.
I testet the converter, does'nt work on 1.6.1

SleePy

What errors did you receive?

It may be possible to make it work with the older version.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Aragon4868

Hi,

i get a massage:

The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your PHPKit 1.6.4 to the public html folder of your site.

My provider can't disable open_basedir.

What can i do now?

Thanks for helping

SleePy

As the second sentence says you can move the files to see if that works.

In addition you could try a local conversion on your computer if you have the software setup to run a website on your computer.

BubonicPlague

The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your PHPKit 1.6.4 to the public html folder of your site.

How do i fix this

ThorstenE

BubonicPlague,
can you check your phpkit? is there a file named Sql.php in
Pkinc/Rep/Sites/Include/Data/ ?

maybe all folders start with a lower case character?
pkinc/rep/sites/include/data/sql.php

if all folders start with a lower case character try the attached version please:

RogerLewin

I also tried the php. Worked not with me because...

"The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your PHPKit 1.6.4 to the public html folder of your site."

I'm not so used to this kind of error messages - what does it mean?

I'm using phpKit 1.6.1 and there is no folder structure like mentioned beforen

ThorstenE

RogerLewin,
the converter was originally for phpKit 1.6.4, and I  know the file structure from phpKit 1.6.1 is little bit different. Our converter tried to find the "/pkinc/rep/sites/include/data/sql.php".

this file contains all information about the phpKit database (name and prefix).

Can you please check your phpKit Installation for a similar file? I need to know the path and name from that file, also variables / constants for database and prefix.
(phpKit 1.6.4 used: pkSQLDATABASE and pkSQLPREFIX)

paXton42

Hi!

Perhaps this info is useful for someone else.

After some tweak in the header of the SQL script, the converter worked with our rubbish old phpkit 1.6.1 like a charm.
/******************************************************************************/
---~ name: "PHPKit 1.6.1 "
/******************************************************************************/
---~ version: "SMF 1.1"
---~ settings: "/admin/config/inc.sql.php"
---~ from_prefix:  "`" . $database. "`. ". $sqlprefix. "_"
---~ table_test: "{$from_prefix}user"

I don't know if this are 1.6.1 standard paths.

Thanks for the great converter!

Ciao... Pascal aka paXton

Norv

Thank you, it's good to keep in mind. Perhaps others will have this problem and then they can eventually try your suggestion as well.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

McFly

Trying to convert PHPkit 1.6.4 to SMF 2.0, I got the following error:

QuoteConverting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (gender)

The correct type is tinyint(4) in the SMF2-db.

Mc Fly

Advertisement: