News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

DB .sql, how to restore

Started by fuixinado, June 30, 2008, 11:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuixinado

I have my .sql db, with no structures saved and i want to view the posts, topics, and etc. I tried to pass the .sql file do the ftp but then it didn't result. How do I restore it?

Thanks, in advance.

N3RVE

Hello and welcome to SMF.
Searching the Online Docs is good, the Basics are usually covered :)

Saving/Restoring, and Moving SMF From a Host to Another
How do I save the database data?
How do I restore the database data?

I believe if you read and understand that properly, you'll be right on track ;)

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

fuixinado

Hello,

I tried to do that thing (the 3rd) but when I add with de phpMyAdmin it says to me that he doesn't found some structures, but of course, I don't have them... I used to have them in the other forum but not in this one.

thx.

babjusi

Quote from: fuixinado on June 30, 2008, 11:50:56 AM
Hello,

I tried to do that thing (the 3rd) but when I add with de phpMyAdmin it says to me that he doesn't found some structures, but of course, I don't have them... I used to have them in the other forum but not in this one.

thx.

What was the exact message that you got when trying to restore it from the phpmyadmin?

Have a look at this topic also

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=184356.msg1172622#msg1172622

fuixinado

fuixinado

I tried the 2nd option of this topic, "Restore without phpMyAdmin", and I failed. This was the error:

QuoteError at the line 15: VALUES (1, 'Default', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, '-1,0,2');

Query: INSERT INTO `smf_arcade_categories`
(`ID_CAT`, `catName`, `numGames`, `numPlays`, `numRates`, `gameRate`, `catOrder`, `special`, `memberGroups`)
VALUES (1, 'Default', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, '-1,0,2');

MySQL: Table 'forumesp_smf.smf_arcade_categories' doesn't exist

OdvkEputa

N3RVE

You backed up your database with the SMF Arcade mod installed.
By any chance, it is possible to delete that table from the active db before downloading.
You can also delete it using a text editor too.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Dragooon

Do it this way, Install a fresh SMF copy, install your old mods which modified DB. Now you got your DB back there. Now empty all the tables(New ones not the old ones) and import the DB, this should restore it the old way.

Rumbaar

If you have no structure you'll need to create the whole db and table structure via the install.php or running the SQL queries directly to populate your db with empty tables.  Then you should be able to use that backup file you have to populate the empty db with your data.

Be sure to save structure when you create a backup in the future or ease of restoration.  The backup without structure is only useful if you're populating a truncated db.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: