News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

set the default time zone?

Started by nova2k, July 15, 2008, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nova2k

How can I set the default time zone for every member? for example  GMT +7
Thank you!

kat

Admin>Features and options>Overall time offset (Second section)

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved?

That will set the overall time for the forum which is what most SMF Administrators will do. Keep in mind that your users will most likely not be in the same timezone, so they will have to change it in their profiles :)

BellGab.com

grey... i don't think the issue is resolved, for the reason you stated.  i had the same question.  i would like all members to be using the same time zone, and the offset solution assumes a lot of things.

MrPhil

What's the problem? You set the system (default) time zone given before. If you don't want members to put their own (non-zero) offset, you'll have to modify the profile code to remove the ability to enter a new offset.

Rumbaar

The overall timezone offset is used to get the 'server' time in sync with your local time.  This way servers hosted all around the world can have your local time.  Then all your uses, if in same area, wont have to worry about setting offsets in their own profiles.  It's handled on a global scale.

But unless all users are in the same timezone then they all will have a different offset no mater what you do.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: