News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Jump to page number "x" of topic and more topic options

Started by Oldiesmann, October 29, 2003, 06:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Just a suggestion from a few cool things I found on an IPB-based board I post on a lot...

For topics that are at least 2 pages, you click on "pages" and a little javascript prompt pops up with "Please enter the page of the topic that you would like to jump to", and when you enter a page, you jump directly to that page.

Also, the "more topic options"... At the bottom of the topic there's a little button that has an icon similar to a piece of notebook paper on it... Click it and a little box displays with the following options:

Track this topic (signup to get notified of replies to that topic when you are not active on the board - already an option, sort of)

Subscribe to this board (receive an email when someone posts a new thread in that board and you're not active - already available with the advanced notification mod)

Download/Print this topic:

Printer friendly version - lets you print the topic without all the fancy graphics (already an option)
Download HTML version - download the topic as an HTML document
Download Microsoft Word version - lets you download the topic as a Microsoft Word document (screenshot coming soon)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Board level notification is already available..

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

File -> Save As... -> Web Archive, single file (*.mht)

-[Unknown]

Seph|roth

printer-friendly version could be handy i guess, but that would be a simple mod anyways

Acf

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 30, 2003, 06:24:26 PM
File -> Save As... -> Web Archive, single file (*.mht)

-[Unknown]

hmmm i can stop learning :P hmmm mht... starts google :D
Sigh...

[Unknown]

It's all the files for the webpage saved in a format similar to what's used in multipart emails.

-[Unknown]

Acf

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 01, 2003, 04:38:10 PM
It's all the files for the webpage saved in a format similar to what's used in multipart emails.

-[Unknown]

hmm it doesn't seem to save imbeded flash... :S
Sigh...

Oldiesmann

Ok... Didn't know you could save stuff as a web archive... Still, I think a word document option would be great...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: