News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Suggestion: Beta testing process for SMF Mods

Started by mytreo, January 19, 2005, 05:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col

Don't misunderstand, I think if you were that concerned about your mod at this satge, you did the right thing by pulling it with the way this place is presently set up. I really do think here would beneift from having betas separate from 'completed' mods. Of course you still get the odd occasion at BoardMod when someone uses a BETA inappropriately, without understanding the possible consequences, but in the main it works well. It's very difficult here to know what stage a mod is at here.

bloc

:)

My main concern is that this is also a bit new to me, I am not so fluent in PHP yet as to pinpoint a problem straight away - making it even more frustrating to try to help and get negative responses instead ( mostly in mail though..).

So I feel its best this way now. But I agreed fully on your reasoning with the BoardMod routines for mods.

Col

But the feed-back would be more positive. More of 'bug here, and posible causes/solutions'; instead of 'it broke my forum'.

Col

Oh, and with BM, when mods are 'realesed', the threads usually take the form of installation and compatibilty problems.

Advertisement: