News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Form Mod

Started by live627, July 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proderf

I wold also like to know if there is a way to increase the character limit in Info Boxes.

PANIC12

Keep getting a 403 error when I go to add a new form. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Kindred

Check with your host... 403 is forbidden...

It's either a configuration issue with the file system or you have something like wordpress running
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

luuuciano

Check the server error log at cpanel and/or errorlog file via ftp... will give you more information
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Proderf

What would cause one of my forms to say "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: subject" on submit?

Proderf

^^^ The problem above was having "/" in some field names

Circa

Is there any way I can set an error page if the user doesn't have permission to view the form? Right now it just redirects to the index. I'd like to have a page that says "Please register to complete this form." or something similar. Is that possible?

TNSeaBee

question....does just the hxxp:smf2x.zip [nonactive] work by itself to have the form? Do I need anything else to make the form work? I am new and I have been digging all day trying to figure out why my form is not showing up. I am missing something in the steps and I can't figure it out.

RizwaN

i have installed this but when i fill and click save button it show empty thread. and i want the thread title with name  " Example - Thread_Starter " but i tried all " username " {username} but not works which is correct syntax for this.

Screenshots of Empty Thread

My Setting of this

SychO

You didn't fill the topic content, this is what it would look like, like in my forum :

Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Jailer

I was wondering if someone could help me with one thing. I'm following the post here on how to make the new topic button open a specified form. I want to set my forum up so that the new topic button opens one form and the reply button opens another. Just two forms for all posts.

Is there a way to make the reply button open a form and place a reply in that topic with the form contents?

RizwaN

How to add images in custom form mod and multiple check box with The Question and a sub text and horizontal rule and bold text.

Kindred

RizwaN,

Stop repeating the same question. It will continue to get deleted.
Honestly,mi don't think your can do what you are asking with this mod without modifying the code.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mbd

Apologies if these questions have been asked before, but -

1 - I have one of my custom forms set so that guests cannot view it, however when they click the form it simply does nothing as they do not have access. Is it possible for me to set it so it gives them a message saying they need an account to create a form.

2 - Is it possible for me to edit the "Thanks" form to display a custom message when they submit a form.

Thanks!

BFS010

My Custom Forms take maybe 1 minute to submit (before the user is given the redirection screen).  Any ideas what is causing this or where I could check to see what is happening?

BFS010

My Custom Forms take maybe 1 minute to submit (before the user is given the redirection screen).  Any ideas what is causing this or where I could check to see what is happening?

It is a conflict with Akismat Spam Blocker.  Does anyone know settings that will not cause a conflict or suggest another spam blocker?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Retro7

Quote from: Retro7 on July 15, 2016, 05:56:37 AM
I'm using the Custom Form Mod but I want to do something that's not currently available in it's features.
Let me explain with an example:

I create Form1 that posts a Topic "Report" on board "Reports".
This newly created Topic will have a link to Form2.

When I fill up Form2 and post it, it should not post a new thread/topic, but it should reply to Topic "Report" from where I clicked the link.

The Reply part is where I'm stuck on.

So if for example, User1 makes Topic1 with Form1, he will click the link given in the topic and it will reply to Topic1.
Similarly, if User2 makes Topic2 with Form1, he will click the link given in his topic and it will reply to Topic2.

To summarize, Form2 should reply to the Topic based on which Topic the link came from. That's what I want. It needs to be automated.

Irisado

Please refrain from posting multiple topics on the same issue.  Your other two topics have been removed for this reason.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Retro7

Quote from: Irisado on July 15, 2016, 08:21:53 AM
Please refrain from posting multiple topics on the same issue.  Your other two topics have been removed for this reason.

I needed immediate help..

Advertisement: