News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

vB 2.x conversion possible?

Started by mxfx, July 17, 2008, 06:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxfx

Is there anyway I can convert from vB 2.3.0 to the latest version of SMF? I've got SMF running fine on MAMP under OSX, but I need to convert from vB 2.3.0. I cannot find any 2.x converters. Will the 3.x ones work? I'm trying the 3.6 converter but Im getting errors I shouldnt be getting (password for mysql is correct but the converter tells me it has no access).

if not, do I have to convert vB over to phbBB then over to SMF? Will this cause problems?

edit: here is the error message:

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

Cant be database name because I installed SMF (using the _SMF prefix) on my vbulletin database. Also the password for mySQL verification is correct but it doesnt recognize it. Is this a dB error or is the converter incompatible with vB 2?

SleePy

This one may work, its the oldest vbulliten converter I can find
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: