News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Banned Email Domains and Member Email Change

Started by Freiluft, May 28, 2008, 08:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freiluft

Version 1.1.5

Our site has banned a large number of temporary email domains both from registration and entering the site using the  normal ban list, not the mod. This keeps new registrations from using these domains, but  existing members receive no warning if they attempt to change their email address to one of these domains. After the change, however, they are blocked from the site. Apparently, the email change doesn't make a little sidetrip to the ban list, which to me seems like a logical thing to do.

SleePy

Well it seems is logical because to change your email address your account is deactivated.
Though I would assume having it check the ban list before giving the green light on the valid email would be a good idea.

Does this happen in SMF 2.0 as well? I wouldn't see this being added in 1.1.5 as much as being fixed in 2.0.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Freiluft

Someone else will have to tell you about 2.0, since we aren't running it. Would be a nice thing to fix,  however.

Freiluft

May I assume that since this thread has been moved to "fixed or bogus" some plans have been made to implement a change in 2.0?

Advertisement: