News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Quick Reply and Odd Issue

Started by maximumrock, July 29, 2008, 08:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maximumrock

I had a topic the other day that touched on this a bit.. We are looking into having the 1.1 upgraded...

But right now, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

A.) Quick reply is gone for ALL users

B.) After a user submits a post, they are being looped back to the same page to make a reply just as they did a few seconds ago.. The post DOES go through, but some  users dont think that and end up making a 2nd or 3rd post...

C.) is there a way to make it so that all  users globally DO NOT get reminded that there is a reply to a post when hitting reply?

I am looking for a way to fix these issues for the time being.. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know..

Thanks!

ccbtimewiz

A.) Weird. Did you alter the display.template.php file at all?

B.) Does everyone get this problem? Any errors in the error log?

C.) Yes there is. Go into your themes manager, click "options" and you can globally set default options for Layout Preferences.

maximumrock

to my knowledge, that wasnt altered at all.......and no errors are coming up in logs

hmm i have tried that and i dont see where that is in Admin. was it called something different on ver 1.1?

thank u for the reply

ccbtimewiz

What theme are you currently using? Are you using the default theme? Did you install any modifications that effect the quick reply box or the posting template at all?

maximumrock

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on July 29, 2008, 10:25:02 PM
What theme are you currently using? Are you using the default theme? Did you install any modifications that effect the quick reply box or the posting template at all?

Classic YaBB SE Theme (1.1)

there were no modifications made at all

ccbtimewiz

Is quick reply enabled in your profile? Do you have any errors in your error log?

maximumrock

yes, thats just it.. these features like quick reply and the "Don't warn on new replies made while posting." are somehow all turned OFF by default for everyone including admins and mods.....if i could somehow change a setting globally, that would helpo

but our biggest problem is stilll this as written above .."After a user submits a post, they are being looped back to the same page to make a reply just as they did a few seconds ago.. The post DOES go through, but some  users dont think that and end up making a 2nd or 3rd post.."

greyknight17

Go to Admin->Themes and Layout->Reset Options. Go to each of the below links for your theme:

Reset default (guest) options for this theme
Reset all members' current options for this theme

Set the permissions accordingly there and save the changes.

For the "loop back" you are referring to, just go back to the above links again and uncheck the option to return to the topic.

Advertisement: