News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to install new fonts and colors on forum

Started by ekfaysal, August 09, 2008, 01:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekfaysal

Hai
i hav two questions
How to install more colors and fonts to my forum.
where is the permission for moderators to edit karma?

Thanks

ekfaysal

Rumbaar

1. Edit your Post.template.php file.  Though I would seriously reconsider adding fonts, as fonts are common to all computers and if a person doesn't have the font you define they'll see nothing and only their browsers fall back default font.

2. Change other people's karma, though I'm not sure without the Moderate forum members permission it might still not work.  But with that later permission they'll have admin level of editing to peoples accounts.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

ekfaysal

thanks for reply brother

which file to edit and display more colors and fonts
i ll not install the new fonts but there are only 4 or 5 fonts available in the list
and i think adding upto 10 ll make my forum good
so please tell me how

same question for text colors

karlbenson

Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php

Find the dropdown.

For fonts, stick to web/browser safe fonts as listed
http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

Rumbaar

Oops, thx Karlbenson.  Forgot they got moved in 2.x and should have picked up as Font isn't in 1.1.x as default.

But like I said ekfaysal, having the font listed in the drop-down menu doesn't guarantee the people viewing the forum will have them installed on their computer to display correctly or as intended.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

ekfaysal

But mostly operating systems comes up with 10 to 15 fonts
and smf 2 beta 3.1 has only these fonts

Rumbaar

But you can't assume that all users are using the most common OS.  From Windows to OS X to Linux to even mobile systems like iPhone and Symbian, these will all over core fonts and not all with have the same core fonts.  Just a FYI.

[ Themes ]

pizmit

Quote from: Rumbaar on August 14, 2008, 06:16:46 AM
But you can't assume that all users are using the most common OS.  From Windows to OS X to Linux to even mobile systems like iPhone and Symbian, these will all over core fonts and not all with have the same core fonts.  Just a FYI.

Once again my question was answered without me having to ask, just did a bit of searching first. That is why i am such a big fan of SMF and will remain so forever.   Thank you!
Check us out at ----->         http://pizmit.com/ [nofollow]      <------- Always Open

CapadY

Why kicking up a topic that wasn't used for 2 years to tell your problem is solved while it isn't your own topic ? ? ? ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Rumbaar

Quote from: capady on July 18, 2010, 01:54:08 PM
Why kicking up a topic that wasn't used for 2 years to tell your problem is solved while it isn't your own topic ? ? ? ?
Well I guess to acknowledge their support of the forums.

Why did you feel the need to comment on their post?  At least theirs had some kind of purpose.

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: