News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] XOOPS & CBB 3

Started by ThorstenE, August 13, 2008, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

Software: XOOPS & CBB 3.0.x
Version: 2.0

This is the official support topic for XOOPS & CBB 3 converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Note: This was tested on XOOPS 2.0.16 and CBB 3.0.8, but should in theory work on other versions of CBB if the database changes have not been to great.

Changelog

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.

macmend

Hi

I used the latest CBB to smf 2.0 and am getting an error after install the sql file and the convertorin the smf directory and the running mydomain.com/convertor.php [nofollow] and then putting the filepaths in and clicking continue I get his error....

My smf forum is up and running, but runs in utf

XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.

This refers I think to this line in mainfile.php

if ( strcasecmp( substr($xoopsScriptPath, 0, strlen(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)), str_replace( DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '/', XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)) ) {
          exit("XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.");

please can you help,

macmend

Ok quick reply to my own post...so I removed the offending line from mainfile.php and now I get this error

Notice: Undefined index: member_name in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/convert.php on line 1265

Notice: Undefined index: real_name in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxx/convert.php on line 1266,

This goes on through about 50 lines

Then:
Unknown column '_' in 'field list'

Then after this the admin login and password no longer works

Norv

Sorry for the delay, I will look into this, but unfortunately I might not be able to so immediately. If you could make sure that the script is finding your XOOPS, it might help, instead of removing that line that errors out.
Alternatively, perhaps you can also consider to try converting to SMF 1.1.10, just to see if it works fine, and then if you want, you can upgrade to SMF 2.0 with the large upgrade package to SMF 2.0 RC2, from this site's downloads.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

macmend

I went for 1.1.10 and it all seemed to work fine, I think i will stick with that til 2 is more stable, thanks

Logicbloke

I'm totally lost, is newbb and CBB the same thing ? I got a newbb folder in my XOOPS installation I don't know what version, for the converter I see it says CBB 3.0.X do I have to first convert from newbb to CBB and then migrate to SMF or what ? also members conversion goes okay, but stops at the forums conversion, saying that a field is missing in the database.

Anyone has any idea ? Thanks a lot =)

Norv

The converter should work for both XOOPS and CBB 3.

I'd advice for the time being to do like macmend, as I will not have time to look into the issue with the RC2 converter immediately: you can install SMF 1.1.11, from this site's Downloads, and take the converter to SMF1.1.x, too, from Downloads > Converters. It should be more stable. After you convert your XOOPS to SMF 1.1.11, you can always upgrade to SMF 2.0 RC2 using the large upgrade package to SMF 2.0 RC2 and the instructions for upgrading SMF here:
Upgrading SMF
Please make sure you make a full database backup before trying to upgrade.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Logicbloke

Hello Norv and thank you for your answer,

Actually I am on SMF 1.1.11, and I have XOOPS 2 as well, converting members ends with no errors, but everything after that ( I tried by modifiying the step variable) fails for "Unknown field"

Converting members... Successful
Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    t.topic_id AS ID_TOPIC, t.topic_sticky AS isSticky, t.forum [nofollow]_id AS ID_BOARD,
    t.topic_last_post_id AS ID_LAST_MSG, t.topic_poster AS ID_MEMBER_STARTED,
    t.topic_replies AS numReplies, t.topic_views AS numViews,
    t.poll_id AS ID_POLL,
    t.topic_status AS locked, MIN(p.post_id) AS ID_FIRST_MSG
    FROM `shipspotting`.xoops_bb_topics AS t
    INNER JOIN `shipspotting`.xoops_bb_posts AS p ON (p.topic_id = t.topic_id)
    GROUP BY t.topic_id
    HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
    AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 't.poll_id' in 'field list'

Any idea ? Thanks in advance

ThorstenE

Sorry, for the late reply.. I believe your XOOPS doesn't support polls?

you have to edit the xoops_to_smf.sql and find:
t.poll_id AS ID_POLL,
remove this code.

option

TE,
please adapt the script to the module d3forum
mysql of d3forum (hxxp:www.fileden.com/files/2010/1/18/2729673/ [nonactive]/mysql-d3forum.sql)
module d3forum (hxxp:xoops.peak.ne.jp/md/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=103&cid=1 [nonactive])
thx

terryfor

Hi I did the conversion but none of the attachment came over. Could you please advise me on what to do now. Thanks

Advertisement: