[SMF Converter] MyBB 1.4

Started by ThorstenE, August 17, 2008, 02:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boricua012

Thanks Norv. Everything went successful. I decided not to use RC2 because TinyPortal has not released a version that is compatible :).

edjca

Alright, SMF is 2.0 RC and MyBB is 1.4.11

I'm getting

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member)

What does this mean?

edjca

alexmaster

Try to make another type to this column in phpMyAdmin.

edjca

I'm sorry, not quite sure what that means.

jetli68

hi i  got mybb 1.4   and i want to  go  to smf

is there any guide to dong this  step by step guides ? and can i  install smf into anothe folder incase the  things got wrong  so i will still have my  mybb folder and database

tia

jet

ThorstenE

Tiscan

I just converted a forum from MyBB 1.4.11 to SMF 2.0RC2 and in posts (titles and bodies) we have all sorts of character escaping issues apparently, such as:

\'09

And:

don\'t

Any ideas?

weeman007

Converting from mybb 1.4x to SMF 2.0 RC2  but i have many problems

First of all i had that birthday problem and then something else. I got this solved by using sql that someone posted that had the same problem.

Everything is working now but i got many errors when i scan the forum in the admin panel

A list:

* Poll #1 is tied to non-existent topic #0.
    * Topic #223 has the wrong number of replies, 9.
    * Topic #439 is in board #8, which is missing.
    * The subject of topic #2 is currently not stored in the subject cache.

Around 100 errors so how can i fix that when converting? If i press the fix button it makes a mess of all the topics etc

By the way i went 4 days ago from vbulletin too mybb so i also tried the vbulletin converter. That didnt work very well since i lost many posts with that one

Seventy_Six

Need help, so i uploaded the convert.php to my forum root (public_html), and i uploaded mybb14x_to_smf.sql to the same place and i acess the hxxp:www.moviemania-pt.com/convert.php [nonactive] but i am so noob with this, so how can i create a database with my backup? in cpanel?

Norv

So you don't have MyBB installed, but instead a backup file?

If so, yes... in cpanel, please create a database for mybb (optional). Then, in phpmyadmin, select that database, OR the SMF database, and import the backup file. Please note! If you use the same database, you should make sure your tables have different prefixes... You can see the SMF tables prefixes by looking at the SMF database in phpmyadmin, it's the starting letters of the tables (for example "smf_" if tables are "smf_attachments" etc). For myBb, you may need to open the .sql backup file in a code editor and take a look at the first "CREATE TABLE" line you find: how is the immediately next word - it's the name of the table, and its prefix is MyBB's prefix.

If not, please do tell exactly what you have installed (MyBB is still installed? Where?).
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Seventy_Six

Quote from: Norv on May 03, 2010, 06:18:28 PM
So you don't have MyBB installed, but instead a backup file?

If so, yes... in cpanel, please create a database for mybb (optional). Then, in phpmyadmin, select that database, OR the SMF database, and import the backup file. Please note! If you use the same database, you should make sure your tables have different prefixes... You can see the SMF tables prefixes by looking at the SMF database in phpmyadmin, it's the starting letters of the tables (for example "smf_" if tables are "smf_attachments" etc). For myBb, you may need to open the .sql backup file in a code editor and take a look at the first "CREATE TABLE" line you find: how is the immediately next word - it's the name of the table, and its prefix is MyBB's prefix.

If not, please do tell exactly what you have installed (MyBB is still installed? Where?).

I dont have mybb instaled but i have a database backup, so i create a database and i upload the backup...
And i run the convert.php?

Norv

Please do create a database (or use SMF's database, it might be easier). If you create a different database, please also make sure that: you have now two databases, one for SMF and one for MyBB. The database user for SMF's database should also have all rights to access MyBB's database.
(If you import the backup into SMF's database directly you don't have to worry about users too - but please see the above post to make sure there's no conflict)

Then, please create anywhere in your web space (maybe in SMF's directory if you want - might be easier), a folder "inc". Download the attached file and open it in a code editor, and edit it to contain the name of your MyBB database, and your MyBB prefix.
Add this file in the /inc folder.

Then, run convert.php. When it asks where is MyBB installed, please tell it the folder in which you created /inc (so the parent folder, without "inc"). It will trick it. :)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

EnjatsRed

Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting censored words... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting topic view logs... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT mem.ID_MEMBER, COUNT(pmr.ID_PM) AS realNum, mem.instantMessages
    FROM `playined_ind`.smff_users AS mem
    LEFT JOIN `playined_ind`.smff_pm_recipients AS pmr ON (mem.ID_MEMBER = pmr.ID_MEMBER AND pmr.deleted = 0)
    GROUP BY mem.ID_MEMBER
    HAVING realNum != instantMessages;

Caused the error:

Table 'playined_ind.smff_users' doesn't exist

And is need the :

Table 'playined_ind.smff_members'

please fix theprblem ...

Norv

Can you please tell, what converter did you use? It would be better if you download the one for your SMF version, from this site's Downloads > Converters.

Pellets

I get tons of errors when trying to convert.

I get ~500 lines of these:
Notice: Undefined index: realName in /usr/www/virtual/www.***.com/smf/convert.php on line 1116

Notice: Undefined index: memberName in /usr/www/virtual/www.***.com/smf/convert.php on line 1115

And 500 looking similar to this line:
('500', 'pa11', 'pa11', '[email protected]', 'ecb7279arf235fg372fd7e40df1f89', 'dVrwOdqTt', '1', '', '116923458128', '0', '116623454956', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '1', '', '', '', '', '372', '0001-01-01', '', ''),

And at the bottom it says:

Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'

Pellets

Ahhhh ******... I've tried a lot of .sql files in this thread, not one works.  >:(

slavko17

This converter makes my server very unstable... It hangs at Members... incomplete "the installer has paused to avoid"etc... Then my server stop responding and i'm getting many 503 errors and i have to kill one process of MySQL... On localhost is exactly same situation... I looked at database and it seemed, that all members got alredy converted, then why it freeze?

Sorry for my bad english, regards

ThorstenE

slavko17, edit the mybb14_to_smf.sql and find:
LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}users AS ul ON (BINARY ul.username = t.lastposter)
replace it with
LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}users AS ul ON (ul.username = t.lastposter)
then re-start the converion, hopefully it helps.

slavko17

Woooow! It works now! :D Thanks alot :D

Advertisement: