The Rules

Started by Deprecated, August 25, 2008, 05:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

Quote from: Rock Lee [BC] on April 19, 2016, 02:27:10 PM
If I forgot :P and I did not want to fall into double post but good no problem @Deprecated take your time to do everything you need, I'm glad you serve anything and tell me ;) if I see any other insurance yours try to translate it for more people to appreciate the modification 8)

I regret that I am writing so many modifications at the present that I have PHP coming out my ears! I'm currently involved in writing several critical mods for my production forum and as a consequence have neglected my public mods at SMF except those I'm using currently in my production forum.

Don't worry, I'll get back to this. My long term plans for SMF include going over every mod and at minimum removing the donation stuff (no point in asking for stuff nobody ever sends) and verifying proper operation with 2.0.11+ and in many cases updating them for use of integration hooks. (I am so sick and tired of having mod removal being a stacking process where you have to look at your code and decide what other mods are preventing you from uninstalling your mod).

Eventually I will be using many if not most of my mods at my production site, and they will have to be updated for ME, so of course I will update those mods on the Mod site. At the current time I'm spending 40+ hours per week writing SMF mod code, although I'll admit most of it will never be public.

Deprecated

Quote from: ErMuyayoMiquel on May 16, 2016, 08:00:13 AM
Hello, how can i remove rules page from top menu? Thanks ;D

Um... I might be going out on a limb here, but perhaps try the Package Manager?

I need to know more about your situation. (1) Did you remove this mod, ignoring the warnings? (2) Are you trying to remove this mod but get warnings and don't want to ignore them? Or (3) Please supply more information so I can determine exactly what your problem is.

LiroyvH

I regret that I am writing so many modifications at the present that I have PHP coming out my ears!

Best it coming out of your ears than out of a place that sounds nearly the same and uses the same characters as well.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Deprecated

Quote from: CoreISP on May 18, 2016, 08:48:06 PM
I regret that I am writing so many modifications at the present that I have PHP coming out my ears!

Best it coming out of your ears than out of a place that sounds nearly the same and uses the same characters as well.

Be nice to me or I'll choose you off in a duel of whether Apache or nginx is better, which I'm bound to lose... (Just because I think you know more than me, not that one or the other is better.)

Hey, where can I get the mod_htaccess for nginx? And no I'm not going to proxy Apache in front of or behind nginx.

If I'm losing the duel I'll call in Native American support and have them publicly object to calling a httpd "Apache" without their tribal consent! :P (Unfortunately all my Native American friends are Navajo.)

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Deprecated on May 18, 2016, 08:41:17 PM
I regret that I am writing so many modifications at the present that I have PHP coming out my ears! I'm currently involved in writing several critical mods for my production forum and as a consequence have neglected my public mods at SMF except those I'm using currently in my production forum.

Don't worry, I'll get back to this. My long term plans for SMF include going over every mod and at minimum removing the donation stuff (no point in asking for stuff nobody ever sends) and verifying proper operation with 2.0.11+ and in many cases updating them for use of integration hooks. (I am so sick and tired of having mod removal being a stacking process where you have to look at your code and decide what other mods are preventing you from uninstalling your mod).

Eventually I will be using many if not most of my mods at my production site, and they will have to be updated for ME, so of course I will update those mods on the Mod site. At the current time I'm spending 40+ hours per week writing SMF mod code, although I'll admit most of it will never be public.

I get to the point and do not want to see any more dream machine circuits tormenting me :'(... Sometimes we pass those things that really pff one wants to break everything I do not had much time it hooks really is a pending matter to learn and I want to see if I improve the mod some time ago I made but certain problems had to leave ( as time passes fast when one is forced to take courses, but work is work, right?). 40+ hours per week It is dedicated to study what to finish my career sometimes is so long engineering really have to love me :P

Changing the subject entirely layers tell me someone more experienced but I understand ngix and apache in some respects one is better on the other ...

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Deprecated

As the saying goes, "My chickens are coming home to roost."

My production forum is broken (can't use preview mode when posting) and most of my mods were written by me. One of my custom mods broke the forum, but which one?

The best way to figure out which one would be to just uninstall them one at a time, reinstall if that wasn't it. But in the real world you can't uninstall mods in just any order. They collide at lines like // Mod authors, once again, if you have a whole section to add do it AFTER this line... and of course once another mod is installed on top of yours, your uninstall won't work! My forum has 6 mods installed on that line, The Rules being one of them.

End result is I am going to be writing a lot of mods, mine and other authors' mods, so they quit crashing on that line, and give myself a way to uninstall in ANY order.

Of course that is what using integration hooks is all about.

Long story short I do plan to rewrite this mod soon, and soon is looking like sooner than I expected, because my forum members are going to be marching up my hill with torches and pitchforks as soon as they realize an important forum function is not working.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Deprecated on May 26, 2016, 02:34:10 PM
As the saying goes, "My chickens are coming home to roost."

My production forum is broken (can't use preview mode when posting) and most of my mods were written by me. One of my custom mods broke the forum, but which one?

The best way to figure out which one would be to just uninstall them one at a time, reinstall if that wasn't it. But in the real world you can't uninstall mods in just any order. They collide at lines like // Mod authors, once again, if you have a whole section to add do it AFTER this line... and of course once another mod is installed on top of yours, your uninstall won't work! My forum has 6 mods installed on that line, The Rules being one of them.

End result is I am going to be writing a lot of mods, mine and other authors' mods, so they quit crashing on that line, and give myself a way to uninstall in ANY order.

Of course that is what using integration hooks is all about.

Long story short I do plan to rewrite this mod soon, and soon is looking like sooner than I expected, because my forum members are going to be marching up my hill with torches and pitchforks as soon as they realize an important forum function is not working.

Indeed that happens very often more than they really like me though as I like it so I try to help a little ... well ... I'm glad that little time you may have, hopefully, to be updated and amended you need to know anything or can help feel free to send a PM or email 8)

Regards!

Deprecated

Thank you. Actually Margarett helped more than anybody/anything else, coaching me on transitioning mod packages from traditional to hook.

The fact that I am here posting indicated that my day is at its end and dinner is in the processing queue, hoping to execute it soon! LOL! ;)

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Deprecated on May 26, 2016, 07:56:00 PM
Thank you. Actually Margarett helped more than anybody/anything else, coaching me on transitioning mod packages from traditional to hook.

The fact that I am here posting indicated that my day is at its end and dinner is in the processing queue, hoping to execute it soon! LOL! ;)

Ah that's good I also hope that x) although I'm still reading it understand hooks hope to apply to have an idea going around in his head, and beareth something can only damage my smf :laugh:

late98

is it possible to translate "The Rules" tab text, like where you actually write your rules?
So it changes when you change language

d3vcho

Modify the language strings of the files "modification1.xml" and "modification2.xml" according to your language. They are located almost at the end of both documents.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

late98

yeah but which one of them, i cant find that one which is the same what you can write in admin settings: Text to display

Kindred

there is no admin option AFAIK...   but you don't want to change the XML...  just change the text in modifications.english.php (or the modifications file for whatever language you are using)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deprecated

What Kindred said. Must be fun to be always right! :P

Deprecated

Just a non-update. Due to a death in the family all my work was delayed about 3 months. My production forum suffered but going Alexa under 5K so must not be doing too bad. It's still the same situation, I have many custom mods required for my production forum and have little time to support open source mods.

I forgot if The Rules is "hook compatible" but if not it will be soon. Non-hook mods are screwing up my forum badly because they often require un-installation in reverse order from installation, often requiring you uninstall wanted mods to get deep enough that your non-hook mod will uninstall properly.

Eventually every mod I have on the SMF Mod Site will be hook enabled and at least you can uninstall those in any order. Am I doing it for myself, for you, or both? I guess that requires a character judgement.

For those of you who enjoy my mods, hope they are ones that I use in my production forum. They will be the first to be fixed for hook capability, and also the first to be upgraded (if necessary) for SMF 2.1.x compatibility.

Advertisement: