News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

wrapper

Started by babjusi, August 29, 2008, 07:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

Link to Mod

wrapper v0.1

What does this mod do?

This mod will wrapp up your forum. To have an idea of what I am taliking about, please see the screenshot attached at the mod link.

Note that the rounded corner effect will only will function properly for Firefox users. Whereas the wrapper will function normally for all browsers

Compatibility

This mod works for every version of the 1.1. serie and is compatible with 2.0 Beta 4 as well.

I updated the mod so now it can be enabled and disabled from the Acp of your forum-Features and options.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

The screenshot looks kool, but it possibly doesnt work in dilber MC theme. I used the package parser to do the manual edits for both index.template.php and style.css of dilber MC theme.

This would be a good thing to make the page look kool. :)

Rafferty

I'm afraid I don't see any difference once installed. I'm using 1.1.4 with Firefox and TP. The mod installed without errors. Any ideas?

Thank you
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

babjusi

Quote from: Rafferty on August 30, 2008, 12:34:50 AM
I'm afraid I don't see any difference once installed. I'm using 1.1.4 with Firefox and TP. The mod installed without errors. Any ideas?

Thank you

Have you tried to hard refresh the page (ctrl+F5). I just tried it in a forum with the tp installed and it worked as shown at the screenshot attached below. But if you want I can have a look for you

bullbreedluverz

ive just tried this mod on my forum and it only wrapped the header area when logged in using firefox & IE7   
its wrapped the whole forum as a guest but not as member logged in
http://www.bullbreedluverz.com/smf

username = test
password = password1

Rafferty

Quote from: babjusi on August 30, 2008, 09:23:28 AM

Thank you

Yes that did it, however the right TP blocks are not aligning correctly, the block row is half inside and half outside the wrapper and my menu tabs continue past the right of screen.
Have you tried to hard refresh the page (ctrl+F5). I just tried it in a forum with the tp installed and it worked as shown at the screenshot attached below. But if you want I can have a look for you

babjusi

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on August 29, 2008, 07:22:33 PM
The screenshot looks kool, but it possibly doesnt work in dilber MC theme. I used the package parser to do the manual edits for both index.template.php and style.css of dilber MC theme.

Hi there. It works with the dilberMC theme as well. I just tested it out and you can see the results in the screenshot that I will attach.

The dilber MC theme is coded differently from the default one. You must add the edits for the style.css to both files, the style.css and then to the style.css for the color that you are using. For ex I did it for the style_lightblue.css. Then make the manual changes required for the index.template.php file.

If you would like, you can attacj here the 3 files mentioned and I will make the edits for you :)

This is the screenshot attached how it looks with the dilber MC theme

babjusi

Quote from: Rafferty on August 30, 2008, 09:37:02 AM
Quote from: babjusi on August 30, 2008, 09:23:28 AM

Thank you

Yes that did it, however the right TP blocks are not aligning correctly, the block row is half inside and half outside the wrapper and my menu tabs continue past the right of screen.

Can you post the link to your forum please?

babjusi

Quote from: bullbreedluverz on August 30, 2008, 09:29:50 AM
ive just tried this mod on my forum and it only wrapped the header area when logged in using firefox & IE7  
its wrapped the whole forum as a guest but not as member logged in
http://www.bullbreedluverz.com/smf

username = test
password = password1

That is strange indeed. What other mods have you installed? And can you please attach here the index.template.php file as well?

bullbreedluverz

I do have a few mods installed & as you probably saw there are some changes been made to the header area of my forum template

1.     E-Arcade      2.5.0      
2.    MCLegendII.2    2.0    
3.    Global Headers Footers    1.4.1    
4.    FlashChat Integration    1.0    
5.    AvatarOnBoard    2.0    
6.    Auto Embed Video/Audio Clips    3.1.2    
7.    Todays Birthday    0.1    
8.    Affiliates    1.1    
9.    Googlebot & Spiders Mod    2.0.3    
10.    Timezone Select    1.0 Beta 2.1    
11.    Welcome Topic Mod    1.1    
12.    Advanced AJAX Shoutbox    1.21    
13.    Wrapper Mod    0.1    
14.    Age and Gender Board Filter    1.2.1    
15.    User Control Panel By Alan S

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: babjusi on August 30, 2008, 09:38:02 AM

Hi there. It works with the dilberMC theme as well. I just tested it out and you can see the results in the screenshot that I will attach.

The dilber MC theme is coded differently from the default one. You must add the edits for the style.css to both files, the style.css and then to the style.css for the color that you are using. For ex I did it for the style_lightblue.css. Then make the manual changes required for the index.template.php file.

If you would like, you can attacj here the 3 files mentioned and I will make the edits for you :)

Yep it works.. but it misplaced my whole banner and the registration bar warning on the top of the forum. Rest all looks fine.

babjusi

Quote from: bullbreedluverz on August 30, 2008, 10:10:04 AM
I do have a few mods installed & as you probably saw there are some changes been made to the header area of my forum template

8.    Affiliates    1.1    

From the quick look that I had at your index.template.php file the mod edits looked ok. Although I will have a deeper look at it later and let you know. Although I am afraid that it will be next week as this week-end I won''t be on line

babjusi

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on August 30, 2008, 10:25:45 AM

Yep it works.. but it misplaced my whole banner and the registration bar warning on the top of the forum. Rest all looks fine.

I tested it before at a fresh forum with the dilber MC and it looked fine as shown in the screenshot. What other mods do you have that affect the index.template.php file? And can you post a screenshot of your forum please?

Rafferty

index.template.php

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: babjusi on August 30, 2008, 10:29:27 AM

8.    Affiliates    1.1    

From the quick look that I had at your index.template.php file the mod edits looked ok. Although I will have a deeper look at it later and let you know. Although I am afraid that it will be next week as this week-end I won''t be on line

fine, whenever you get a chance, pm me if you like when you have had a chance to look at it, thanks

babjusi

Quote from: bullbreedluverz on August 30, 2008, 10:45:30 AM
Quote from: babjusi on August 30, 2008, 10:29:27 AM

8.    Affiliates    1.1    

fine, whenever you get a chance, pm me if you like when you have had a chance to look at it, thanks

I will certainly do that :)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: babjusi on August 30, 2008, 10:36:55 AM
Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on August 30, 2008, 10:25:45 AM

I tested it before at a fresh forum with the dilber MC and it looked fine as shown in the screenshot. What other mods do you have that affect the index.template.php file? And can you post a screenshot of your forum please?

Yep Check them out.

Without wrapping:-

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9197/wrap1xu7.png

With wrapping:-

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8919/wrapxj9.png

I changed it back so you wont see it wrapped as it was a bit shabby.

babjusi

It could be that maybe it is conflicting with some other mod. have you tried to ask at the dilber MC support topic?

I say this, because I tested my mod earlier this day in a fresh installed smf 1.1.5+ the dilber MC theme and everything worked fine as it is shown at the screenshot that I attached a few posts above :)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

possibly.. the reg bar warning is kind of conflicting with the mod as it also gets wrapped up...

i dont know why is it happening with the banner.. and i more or less think that this is related to this topic so "maybe"  that Hoochie Coochie Man would take interest in here....

babjusi

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on August 30, 2008, 05:06:56 PM
possibly.. the reg bar warning is kind of conflicting with the mod as it also gets wrapped up...

i dont know why is it happening with the banner.. and i more or less think that this is related to this topic so "maybe"  that Hoochie Coochie Man would take interest in here....

Can you un-install the regbar warning mod first and install it after the wrapper mod and see if that would make any difference?

Advertisement: