MyBB -> SMF

Started by maritimesbob, August 30, 2008, 05:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maritimesbob

I`m currently running a community on mybb 1.2 which I would like to convert to SMF.

Does the converter move over permissions (forum and user) and group settings? and also such things as attachments, avatars?

Also, I had mybb successfully bridged with coppermine. Would this be an easy task to bridge SMF with this same installation of coppermine? Just wondering if anyone has done this with success.

Thanks.

K3TK3TK3T

should rename your topic to "MyBB -> SMF" lol, kind of misleading with a > sign

SleePy

The mybb 1.2 converter doesn't appear to convert the permissions or groups. As well it doesn't look like it converters avatars.
But Attachments are converted :)

The converter doesn't alter any of your mybb data, so if you want to install SMF, and give it a test run on the conversion to see what you may have to change to bring it live, then it wouldn't harm a thing :) (You can run the converter as many times as you would like, but each time you do it, data may be lost from SMF though).

As for coppermine, you should ask in our Bridges and Portals board for a more detailed response on this. I believe we have a working bridge though with the latest version of coppermine. As well you can read posts from that board for help on setting it up if needed :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

maritimesbob

Quote from: The_Abhorred on August 30, 2008, 07:16:47 PM
should rename your topic to "MyBB -> SMF" lol, kind of misleading with a > sign

Lol, yup!!!

Thanks for the replies guys.  :)

forsakenlad

Yeah I too thought for a second that this was a post by someone who had converted "to" MyBB from SMF and was criticising SMF. Kudos about the conversion you're at the right place ;D
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

lunzet

Hi all,
I ran the converter but unfortunately the group permissions are not converted as mentioned earlier in this post. Is there any way (export, import, helpful mods) to transfer the groups and the related information to permissions and member assignments?

This would be really helpful as I am running a mybb board with 200 users and about 10 different groups which would make manual assignments some real work.

Thanks

ThorstenE

sorry, but the mybb 1.2 converter doesn't appear to convert the permissions or groups. Converting groups / permissions is a very difficult part because most forum systems handle the permissions completely different from SMF.

Advertisement: