Advertisement:

Author Topic: SMF is searching for translators!  (Read 2218341 times)

Offline kubMCC

Re: SMF is searching for translators!
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2016, 07:45:22 PM »
meanwhile I involved my moderators and we found more and more things ..... even in functionallity.

Where to post to help make 2V1 nearly perfect German  ;D ;D (with screenshots) ??

Schnellantwort und Zitat enden immer in "Schnellantwort" ohne Formatierungsleiste.

see attached picture (sh...t, no attachments allowed. Makes it much more complicate to explain!)

EDIT: Workaround: please find picture here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=549922.msg3899388#msg3899388
- Man hat niemals zu viele backups
- Vertraue KEINEM Wiederherstellungspunkt ..
- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)

Offline Irisado

• Doc Coordinator
  • SMF Hero
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
« Reply #381 on: November 17, 2016, 05:26:16 AM »
Have you sent Dzonny a PM as he requested?  If so, please wait for him to reply to you and he will be able to advise you on how to proceed :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline kubMCC

« Reply #382 on: November 18, 2016, 07:35:32 PM »
Have you sent Dzonny a PM as he requested?  If so, please wait for him to reply to you and he will be able to advise you on how to proceed :).

Sorry, not jet. Missed the advise to do so. Mea Culpa. Is on it's way right now. 
- Man hat niemals zu viele backups
- Vertraue KEINEM Wiederherstellungspunkt ..
- Der Kopf ist rund damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann! (Francis Picabia)

Offline SkzlN

« Reply #383 on: December 03, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »
hey! i'm good at french if needed! and i know how to speak arabic a little bit! so if you need me guys, i'm okay as a volunteer :)

Offline d3vcho

• Localizer
  • Sophist Member
    • d3vcho on GitHub
    • @SMF_ES on Twitter
« Reply #384 on: December 03, 2016, 04:05:28 PM »
Hello!

Please, if you want to help, follow instructions of first message:

Thanks to a very active community, Simple Machines Forum is currently available in over 40 languages. Even though we're proud of that fact, we continue to search for ways to improve the quality of our international support and to make new languages available, so that more people can benefit from the SMF software.

In order to provide higher quality language files, we've created an online tool allowing multiple users to work on the same language at the same time. This will make life a lot easier for translators and speeds up the time it takes for a translation to be released as a language package.

The tool allows us to take a different approach when it comes to translating the software. We used to require that translators would spent a lot of time translating the full language package. Now that the tool is in use, we can invite anyone who's interested in helping out, so that more people can make the job of translating a language lighter.

So, we're looking for new (and current) translators. A requirement to join the team of translators would be to have good skills in both English and the language you're translating to and that you can spend a significant amount of time on translating.

If you're interested in helping out with one of the languages currently available or a language not yet available, send a mail to languages@simplemachines.org. Please add the language you wish to help with and in what way you wish to contribute.

Regards :)
Spanish Translator | "Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray" - Sam Redwine

¡Únete al canal IRC de SMF en español! #smf-es en Freenode
Sigue a @SMF_ES en Twitter para enterarte de todas las novedades de SMF

Offline tinswap

« Reply #385 on: December 10, 2016, 11:25:11 AM »
i can help translate to yoruba, yoruba is a popular language widely spoken in africa and i believe a lots of africans uses smf.. i will send a mail right a way

Offline Steve

• Support Team Apprentice
  • SMF Hero
  • I have not yet begun to procrastinate.
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2016, 02:44:32 PM »
i can help translate to yoruba, yoruba is a popular language widely spoken in africa

Interesting. I had never heard of it before so I looked it up. While it's spoken mainly in Nigeria, it is approaching 30 million speakers. :)

Please click above to give free mammograms.

Offline GravuTrad

• Senior Translator
  • SMF Hero
  • One of the french SMF translators
« Reply #387 on: December 21, 2016, 06:36:56 PM »
hey! i'm good at french if needed! and i know how to speak arabic a little bit! so if you need me guys, i'm okay as a volunteer :)

You speak french yes, but you don't write it correctly, sorry.
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Offline fazeMark

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2016, 06:39:29 AM »
Hello, I could help with spanish translations

Offline d3vcho

• Localizer
  • Sophist Member
    • d3vcho on GitHub
    • @SMF_ES on Twitter
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2016, 06:49:17 AM »
Hello!

Thanks to a very active community, Simple Machines Forum is currently available in over 40 languages. Even though we're proud of that fact, we continue to search for ways to improve the quality of our international support and to make new languages available, so that more people can benefit from the SMF software.

In order to provide higher quality language files, we've created an online tool allowing multiple users to work on the same language at the same time. This will make life a lot easier for translators and speeds up the time it takes for a translation to be released as a language package.

The tool allows us to take a different approach when it comes to translating the software. We used to require that translators would spent a lot of time translating the full language package. Now that the tool is in use, we can invite anyone who's interested in helping out, so that more people can make the job of translating a language lighter.

So, we're looking for new (and current) translators. A requirement to join the team of translators would be to have good skills in both English and the language you're translating to and that you can spend a significant amount of time on translating.

If you're interested in helping out with one of the languages currently available or a language not yet available, send a mail to languages@simplemachines.org. Please add the language you wish to help with and in what way you wish to contribute.

Spanish Translator | "Software and cathedrals are much the same – first we build them, then we pray" - Sam Redwine

Offline ninjarazio

• Semi-Newbie
  • Never Loose hope!
« Reply #390 on: January 03, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »
i can translate from english to urdu. Very good in it.

Offline d3vcho

• Localizer
  • Sophist Member
    • d3vcho on GitHub
    • @SMF_ES on Twitter
« Reply #391 on: January 03, 2017, 01:46:19 PM »
Hello!

Offline Steve

• Support Team Apprentice
  • SMF Hero
  • I have not yet begun to procrastinate.
« Reply #392 on: January 03, 2017, 04:13:22 PM »
Amazing that you would have to post the exact same thing after two consecutive posts.

Please click above to give free mammograms.

Offline d3vcho

• Localizer
  • Sophist Member
    • d3vcho on GitHub
    • @SMF_ES on Twitter
« Reply #393 on: January 03, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »
Amazing that you would have to post the exact same thing after two consecutive posts.

* d3vcho likes this
heh

Offline Ray.

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #394 on: January 06, 2017, 12:40:16 PM »

Ah well...

Joined the Croatian team, hope I can help.

Offline SkzlN

« Reply #395 on: January 06, 2017, 03:51:32 PM »

You speak french yes, but you don't write it correctly, sorry.

Sorry, but i'm on the french school as you maybe don't know it, i'm a real french, but me and the orthographe, we have a small prob hhh, anyway, i can understanding everybodys who speak french and i can find a solve to every problems of it...