News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

XMB 1.9.5 to SMF Questions

Started by Shawna822, September 18, 2008, 09:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawna822

Hello!

Please excuse the possible stupidity of this message now lol but I have never done a forum software conversion so I'm hoping someone can help me out :)

1. Since I used version 1.9.5 of XMB I would need to upgrade my forums to 1.9.8 in order to use the SMF converter correct?

2. I have over 800 members and almost 400,000 posts so I'm sure it could be understood that I'd hate to start completely from scratch. Does this converter from XMB to SMF save all of that information and transfer ALL members, posts, threads, post counts and etc?

Thanks so much ahead of time for all your help and I'm hoping to become a part of SMF family soon!

SleePy

1. The converter may work. Generally most software does not change a lot in there database between minor versions. Which it looks like they use a version system similar to ours so it should work.
The good thing about the converter is it will not alter any xmb data. It simply will copy it to SMF. Just remember anything in SMF will be lost during the conversion. This is because it just empties out the SMF tables in order to make things easier during the conversion.

2. The converter appears to convert members, categories, boards, topics, posts, polls, personal messages, topic notifications, banned users, Some settings, moderators, smilies and attachments.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: