News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

favorite_drink

Started by babjusi, September 05, 2008, 07:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babjusi

Link to Mod

This mod will allow you to choose your favorite drink from a long list of most known popular drinks and your favorite drink will be displayed at your profile and on topic view for every post that you have made/will made.

After installing the mod through the package manager, go to your profile-Forum Profile Information. All the way towards the bottom you will see a new option called: Favorite Drink: There you can choose yourself your favorite drink from the drop down list and then press the button "Change profile'' Now your favorite drink will be displayed automatically on your profile and topic view. Or you can alternatively disable the mod as well.
Another option to choose the favorite drink is added at the registration page which will give the new users the ability to choose their favorite drinks

For more info please have a look at the attached screenshots.

This mod is compatible with every version of the 1.1. serie

Sabre™

lol Interesting mod mate. Thank You for your contribution.  :)
I personally dont need it, but will be able to play with your code to learn a little more.

Keep up the good work babjusi
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

babjusi

Quote from: Sabre™ on September 05, 2008, 09:51:58 PM
lol Interesting mod mate. Thank You for your contribution.  :)
I personally dont need it, but will be able to play with your code to learn a little more.

Keep up the good work babjusi

Thank you for your kind words Sabre™ :)

Dark Moon

Congratulations Babjusi, this is a wonderful mod and goes well with one of my websites, thank you.

babjusi

Quote from: Dark Moon on September 10, 2008, 02:42:56 PM
Congratulations Babjusi, this is a wonderful mod and goes well with one of my websites, thank you.

Thanks Dark Moon :)

Dark Moon

You are welcome Babjusi. Tallented, I say. ;)

Juicebox

Excellent mod, thanks!

A couple of things:

1. Might I suggest that you make the drink images have transparent backgrounds (they are png images already) to fit with darker forum themes (like mine). I edited them all myself, but it might be convenient for other people using the mod.

2. Is there a way for me to add drinks and images? When I was editing the images I found a couple images that weren't in the drop down menu. I simply copied lines from the manual install guide and changed the names in the PHP, but I think that only worked because the drinks were actually already in the mod (if this even makes any sense). I don't touch those files very often so I don't know much about it.

Thanks!

babjusi

Quote from: Juicebox on October 07, 2008, 08:26:56 PM
Excellent mod, thanks!

A couple of things:

1. Might I suggest that you make the drink images have transparent backgrounds (they are png images already) to fit with darker forum themes (like mine). I edited them all myself, but it might be convenient for other people using the mod.

2. Is there a way for me to add drinks and images? When I was editing the images I found a couple images that weren't in the drop down menu. I simply copied lines from the manual install guide and changed the names in the PHP, but I think that only worked because the drinks were actually already in the mod (if this even makes any sense). I don't touch those files very often so I don't know much about it.

Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback :)

About the images having transparent backgrounds to to fit in with darker forum themes, at the moment I don''t have the time to do it. If you upload the ones that you did, would be great as they might come in handy to other people as well that use dark themes like you.

Yes, you can add as many drinks as you want. You must create the images of the extra drinks that you want to add and upload them inside the /drinks/ folder and then add the appropriate codes which you can copy from the original ones. If you want, I can add those extra drinks for you :)

Juicebox

Well, since my forum has a black background, I cheated and just filled in the images with black background.  :P

Ok, so to add a new drink, I would have to do the following.

• Add a new line to Modifications.English.PHP, Profile.Template.PHP, and Register.Template.PHP
  • Upload the image to the drinks folder

That's what I did for the ones where you had images, but no option for them in the drop down menu. Is that it?

Thanks!

babjusi

Quote from: Juicebox on October 08, 2008, 03:31:38 PM
Well, since my forum has a black background, I cheated and just filled in the images with black background.  :P

• Add a new line to Modifications.English.PHP, Profile.Template.PHP, and Register.Template.PHP

That's what I did for the ones where you had images, but no option for them in the drop down menu. Is that it?

Thanks!

Yes, that is pretty much it :)

Randy A.

Hi Babjusi!

Very nice MOD, but with a few tweaks it would be SUPER cool and easier to use.

Is there a reason that all the images in your download are not coded to show in the drop down box? 

And, can we only use png files?  Not jpegs or gifs?

It would be nice if it was coded that when you ftp's new images into the folder, that they automatically showed up in the drop down menu.  And, a preview box next to the drop down of the image would be nice.  (Much like how the avatar functions work.)

Randy A.

Babjusi,

Any response to my post?  Particuliarly interested in if you can update the code to include all the available images.

babjusi

Quote from: Randy A. on October 17, 2008, 02:10:54 PM
Babjusi,

Any response to my post?  Particuliarly interested in if you can update the code to include all the available images.

Sorry for the delay Randy A. although your suggestions seem interesting, atm I don''t have the time to work on my mods. Maybe at a later time when I will update the mod for 2.0 I will implement some of the suggestions. But that remains to be seen :)

RustyBarnacle

In addition to saying Favorite Drink above the image, can you make it say what the drink is so you don't need to go to their profile to figure out what that pic represents.

Randy A.

Come on, how long would it actually take you to update the code to include all the images?  Something that really should have not been overlooked when you put it together.  What if I were to say 'pretty please'? ;)

Randy A.

I think it looks really bad for your MOD not be properly coded.

I'll be paying someone to fix this. :( 

DisturbedIndividual

Quote from: Juicebox on October 08, 2008, 03:31:38 PM

Thanks!

Hi , Im using a custom theme , so where do I insert the code ?
- The mod is working , I just want to add some drinks..
- I'm using SMF 1.1.6
- URL http://www.disturbingasylum.co.za [nofollow]

babjusi

Can you link me to your custom theme DisturbedIndividual?

DisturbedIndividual

Quote from: babjusi on October 24, 2008, 11:14:43 AM

Hi , my custom theme is "Dark Red Style" by Gaia.   tx.

babjusi

Quote from: DisturbedIndividual on October 27, 2008, 06:00:34 AM
Quote from: babjusi on October 24, 2008, 11:14:43 AM

Hi , my custom theme is "Dark Red Style" by Gaia.   tx.

Can you post here the direct link to the theme cause I can''t find it at the theme site?

Advertisement: