News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Greeting

Started by Diego Andrés, September 08, 2008, 03:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalky

Sorry, I was out all day yesterday, but I'm glad to see you got it working yourself!  Nice one!!  :D

ftab4me

I was using the fix_packages.php file and received the attached error. I deleted all of my packages on my test site and found that the Custom Greeting Mod is causing the error. I can uninstall and the error goes away. I install it and the error returns. I am running 2.0.6

The package appears to work but I am concerned that I have this error showing up.

ftab4me

I am attaching my Load.php file. The error says it is on line 198.

Arantor

No it doesn't. The error is saying that it is on line 198 of the code being run by line 2151 of Load.php which without looking will be the code to execute a subtemplate.

I'd assume that it's an error on line 198 of index.template.php.

ftab4me

Arantor,

Thank you for the reply. I have attached the index.template.php

Arantor

And sure enough, line 198 of that file is referencing $context['greeting'] which hasn't been defined for some reason.

That suggests the rest of the mod isn't actually installed anywhere.

ftab4me

Thank you once again for your answer. I am currently testing this using my test system on my local computer. It install/uninstalls without error. I will load a fresh copy of 2.0.6 and test it to make sure it is not an error in my test environment.

ftab4me

Well, I did a new web install of 2.0.6 with a new database. I installed only this mod without any errors. Ran the fix_packages.php and once again I am receiving the error "see attached". Hopefully the creator or somebody can fix this mod?

Thanks

Arantor

So the advice I already gave you should now be followed: verify that all the changes the mod wants to make have been carried out (you can use the 'parse' option on the mod's page to check what changes are needed)

ftab4me

I will do that as soon as I can find the time. Thank you again.

ftab4me

OK, because this was bugging me, I found the time "now I can go eat dinner". I parsed it as directed and everything matched 100%. This is now  beyond my limited capabilities to correct. Hopefully the creator of this mod is still available to make changes.

Thanks Arantor for taking the time to guide me through the troubleshooting.

Diego Andrés

Humm, I have fixed it.
I have called the function loadGreeting() in index.template instead of index.php

But I still working to see what else I can do

Thanks for the report

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

ftab4me

Diego,

Thank you for looking at my postings. Please let me know when you release an update or post code.

John

TheListener

Diego is there much in the way of differences between the latest update and the previous?

Diego Andrés

Mod updated!  :)

+Now is using hooks
+Changed the location where the function is used
-Removed support for 1.1.x versions

Quote from: SeeFoodDiet on January 04, 2014, 11:17:49 PM
Diego is there much in the way of differences between the latest update and the previous?

Just a bit, preferable to update it  :D

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

TheListener

No fryingpan for you this time lol.

;)

Alpay

S Mac

Hi, I've just uploaded & installed this apparently without any problems. But nothing's happening...could it be because I have a header block on my forum? www.thenaturalhairforum.co.uk

TheListener

What do you mean by Nothings happening?

Have you checked the settings?

Check the default theme. Does it show?

S Mac

Hi, you're supposed to be able to modify the settings in admin but I can't find it anywhere. Absolutely nothing has happened, although it says the installation worked just fine. I'm scared to change to my default theme as I've only just got my forum as I want it - after lots of sweat & blood. If that's the only way I can find out what's going on, I'll leave it. It's not essential - just would've been nice.

Advertisement: