News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Pages Mod

Started by 2by2host, September 15, 2008, 03:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal O'Shaw

First see what MODs you have installed. 

Then walk through the "manual install" option on the MOD page, finding the changes listed for the failed page.  Then, open another window and look over your copy of that file to see what does NOT match what the installer is looking for.

I found the "Meta Data" MOD breaks the install for this one.  I uninstalled the Meta Data MOD and this went in fine (other than it creates buttons visible to everyone no matter what).

Rafferty

Is there any support here at all?
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Cal O'Shaw

Well, on the MOD page he does provide a link that he says will get a faster response.

Like you, I do hope he reads these and responds.  Otherwise it's us trying to assist each other.

Rafferty

the manuall install on the mod page didnt work for me, thats what i meant before, same for both parsers

Sabre™

pages_mod_1-1-x_v1-1.tar.gz    worked fine when I used the parser on the mod page, also through a package parser on another site.
The other didnt.
Maybe it try again. ???
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Rafferty

So what goes in page content, php, html text?

The Saviour

I'm a little confused...

Does this mod create a navigation tab for every page created?  If so, wouldn't the tab menu fill up rather quickly for those who want to create...say...more than 5 - 10 pages?

That being the case...I don't see where this would be useful except for creating maybe one or two pages.

Sabre™

You can use it in many ways.
2 being to either have eg..  games link within a gaming board, or use dropdown links in your nav menu.
I personally use the latter, and have slightly altered the code to suit my needs.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

The Saviour

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 01, 2008, 05:08:24 AM
You can use it in many ways.
2 being to either have eg..  games link within a gaming board, or use dropdown links in your nav menu.
I personally use the latter, and have slightly altered the code to suit my needs.

Could you elaborate on how you used this mod to create drop down links in the main menu, please?

Rafferty

Quote from: Rafferty on September 30, 2008, 06:35:52 AM
So what goes in page content, php, html text?

I still have no idea how to use this mod ?? Where is the support.

Sabre™

@Rafferty
I use php and html, so can only say that, that works.

@The Saviour
This mod doesn't add dropdown links. They are my own edits.
I just stated that you can have your pages setup like that, instead of running out of room.
Try [THIS] page if youre interested in a dropdown menu.

The Saviour

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 02, 2008, 10:04:20 PM
@The Saviour
This mod doesn't add dropdown links. They are my own edits.
I just stated that you can have your pages setup like that, instead of running out of room.
Try [THIS] page if youre interested in a dropdown menu.

I've looked at that...somehow I'd feel a little more comfortable if this was a mod package, instead of just file edits.  Since I'd like the ability to uninstall it...if it doesn't suit me.

Thanks, though...

Nibogo

Any update for SMF 2.0??

Maybe you can add Guest Permission , Show on Menu option and support for pretty urls

Bye

The Saviour

I'm running SMF 1.1.6...

Using the Package Manager...I get the following message:

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
5.    Extract File    ./Sources/Pages.php    
6.    Extract File    ./Sources/LoadPages.php    
7.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Pages.template.php    
8.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Pages.english.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Pages.turkish.php    
10.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Pages.russian.php

Attached is a copy of my index.template.php file, however...it's in a .txt file...since I use notepad to edit files if need be.  So if anyone makes any corrections to my text file...I'd appreciate it if you would highlight the code I need to change...so I won't make any mistakes.

Thanks, in advance...

The Saviour

I have it installed...thanks to me!

Can anyone tell me how to prevent this mod from creating a tab in the navigation menu...every time you create a page?

Thanks...

Sabre™

You could remove this code from the index template.

/** start Page Manager **/
if(isset($context['pages_mod']))
foreach($context['pages_mod'] as $row)
{
echo (isset($_REQUEST['action']) && $_REQUEST['action'] == 'page' && isset($_REQUEST['id']) && $_REQUEST['id'] == $row['ID']) ?
'<td class="maintab_active_'.$first.'">&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top" class="maintab_active_back">
<a href="'.$scripturl.'?action=page;id='.$row['ID'].'">'.$row['NAME'].'</a>
</td>
<td class="maintab_active_'.$last.'">&nbsp;</td>'
:
'<td valign="top" class="maintab_back">
<a href="'.$scripturl.'?action=page;id='.$row['ID'].'">'.$row['NAME'].'</a>
</td>';
}
/** end Page Manager **/

There maybe another way, but thats how I have it :)

The Saviour

Thanks, Sabre™...

I was just about to do that...

I'll keep you posted...

It seems if you want to have anything done with this mod...you have to do it yourself.

I was asking for help before...then fixed it myself.  I was at work...when I ran into the current problem...and then took a look at that little snippet of code and dwas going to remove it when I got home.

Well...I'm home now...and will let you know if it works...

Thanks, again...

Steve

skidpics

getting this error during install on 1.16

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Sabre™

Which template(s) is failing?
It is possible for you to do a manual install using a package parser.
But more info please :)

skidpics

Quote2.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

I haven't attempted a manual install.

Advertisement: