Started by Burke ♞ Knight, September 04, 2014, 01:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

Link to Mod

Hide PM Text in Email Notifications

Latest Version: 1.0
Compatible With SMF: 2.0.x

Made by: BurkeKnight - BurkeKnight Enterprises
If need support for this mod, please go to BurkeKnight Enterprises and register there.

We have a support ticket system for mod support.

We will no longer be supporting this mod here at the SMF site,
as we feel it is easier to keep all support at our site.

This is a simple mod that hides the pm text in email notifications.
This was requested on the SMF site by a member, and was originally posted by: shadow82x

Settings:
Admin > Configuration > Modification Settings > Hide PM Text in Email Notifications

Credit:
shadow82x - For posting the edit.

To all users of my mods and themes. I am happy that you have chosen my work to add to your site.
I now have a support ticket system for support of my mods and themes. It is located at:

http://www.burkeknight.com/index.php?action=helpdesk

You have to be registered at my site, to use the support system.
There are 3 departments in the system as of now:

SMF 2.0.x Mod Support
SMF 2.0.x Theme Support
Web Site Templates Support

I would prefer to handle all support for my mods and themes, including any BK-SMF and BK Modding mods and themes there, as I can do that more efficiently. But, I will, of course, still monitor the support topics, here, as well.
This will make things easier for me and the users of my mods and themes, as most of my updates and changes are put on my main site, first.

Thank you, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Burke Knight

BurkeKnight Enterprises
Formerly BK Modding and BK-SMF

OCJ

Good one.
I think I mentioned this once... I get so many replies to 'noreply@mysite' from people just clicking reply to those notifications rather than logging in to read and reply. Annoying how much time is wasted telling people.

;)

radu81

great mod, thank you BurkeKnight!

@igirisjin: same problem, but now is solved ;)
sorry for my bad english

shaenn

Great MOD! Thanks.

If I may suggest, instead of the link to "Reply to PM", having the link to "Read the PM" would make more sense. I mean because you are now not seeing the PM in the email, you don't know to what you are replying.

QuoteYou have received a Personal Message. Click this link to view it.
myforum.com/index.php?action=pm#msg123456 [nofollow]

On related subject; I always thought it would be nice if the various notifications that SMF can send could be sent from a different email address then is used for other features. That way a "No-Reply" address could be used for notifications and an auto-reply could be sent back letting the original sender know that their email was not delivered.

Burke ♞ Knight

1. That line is a part of the email that is done by SMF and not done by this mod. I do agree, they could have done it that way, to be a little less confusing to some people, but I will not incorporate that change into the mod, as it would mean more file edits, and that one would be unnecessary, in my opinion.

2. There is a mod that does a no-reply email address for such emails. Have you searched the Mod Site?

shaenn

Thanks, I understand why you wouldn't want to make edits to the Subs-Post.php. I took a look and made the edit myself. At line 1207 I changed:

Quote$mailmessage .= "\n\n" . $txt['instant_reply'] . ' ' . $scripturl . '?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=' . $id_pm . ';quote;u=' . $from['id'];
To
Quote$mailmessage .= "\n\n" . $txt['instant_reply'] . ' ' . $scripturl . '?action=pm#msg' . $id_pm;

I did look around for the "no-reply email address" a while back but didn't find anything. I'll check again, thanks.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: shaenn on September 19, 2014, 12:02:48 AM
I did look around for the "no-reply email address" a while back but didn't find anything. I'll check again, thanks.

I just searched the mod site for: no reply
This was the first one it showed, and somehow, the mod site found the exact one I wanted, even with the small word search terms....LOL

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=553

Burke ♞ Knight

Important note added to bottom of first post. If using this mod, please read that. :)

EDIT:

This mod will not be needed for SMF 2.1 :)

If need support for this mod, please go to BurkeKnight Enterprises and register there.

We have a support ticket system for mod support.

We will no longer be supporting this mod here at the SMF site,
as we feel it is easier to keep all support at our site.

shaenn

Thanks, I will checkout that mod. I was most likely looking using keywords like "second email" or something stupid like that. :P

Advertisement: