[SMF Converter] Dragonfly CMS 9.2.x

Started by ThorstenE, September 21, 2008, 08:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

Software: Dragonfly CMS (Forum)
Version: 9.2.x

This is the official support topic for Dragonfly CMS converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Note: This was tested on Dragonfly CMS 9.2.1 but should in theory work on other versions of Dragonfly  if the database changes have not been to great.

Changelog

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.

The_Rogue

When we tried to do the conversion after installing smf...the conversion basically duplicated the files into our dragonfly files and left our site useless with an error: Unable to connect to the DB.
It also did not convert any of the forum files to the smf installation. The SMF installation also became useless and gave the same error when trying to load the page. I don't know where we made an error or if this has been a problem with anyone else. Luckily we had the DB backedup and were able to do a restore.

SleePy

The converter does not alter any data in Dragonfly nor anything else.
It simply selects data from the other software and converts it to be inserted into the SMF database.

Are you sure both sites had the same exact error? SMF does throw different error messages when it gets a database error than what you explained.
It may be possible the converter was making to many selects and inserts than your host allowed in a period of time. You should ask your host about this.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ThorstenE

The only way to destroy your Dragonfly is to upload the SMF installation files into the same folder already used by the Dragonfly CMS. If you create a subfolder it's nearly impossible to destroy  Dragonfly because
QuoteThe converter does not alter any data in Dragonfly nor anything else.

Example: from your browser it should look like this:
http://www.example.com (for Dragonfly)
http://www.example.com/smf (for SMF)

The_Rogue

I got it all fixed and have SMF installed as this path.

www.oursite.com/smf

I have the converter and the dragon to smf installed in that smf directory.

Now when I try to do the conversion it doesn't find our dragon fly.
this is the 2 paths it selected.

/hsphere/local/home/patientk/"oursite".com/smf

/hsphere/local/home/patientk/"oursite".com/smf  <<< this one said it needed changing. So I changed the path to this:

/hsphere/local/home/patientk/equal-2-none.com/themes/dragonfly

this got me an error that says"Unable to find the settings for DragonFly 9.2. Please double check the path and try again."

I went into our file manager for the site and navigated to the dragonfly folder to get the correct path.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to check why it is saying the path isn't correct??

The_Rogue

A quick update. I got it installed and converted....but on my other sites with SMF I have a full installation...this one doesnt have all the available buttons at the top for navigation..........So I have no admin button....which means I cannot add mods or change the appearance of the forums and so on.

SleePy

I accidentally deleted my admin account, what do I do?

That doc should help you in the process of making your user account an admin user :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Sport Twin

Dragonfly is surely dying so I would expect more of us to revisit this thread.

I managed to do the conversion but for some reason it didn't grab the member date registered info:

u.user_regdate AS dateRegistered

So now all of my members have a registered date of 1969-12-31.

Obviously I can grab a csv via phpMyAdmin but since I'm not real good with MySQL I'm wondering how I would go about importing that particular field and keep it coordinated with my users (over 9700).

I have my DF site locked down right now because of security issues... DF just isn't keeping up with the code, so I'd appreciate some help so I can get my forums back up and running on SMF.

Their DOB would be nice to have as well... I'll add that info.

Right now my info is in:

Table: nuke_users
Field: user_regdate
Field: dob

The field user_id probably needs to be referenced to keep things in order... I think.

Then my SMF 2.0 RC 1-1 is of course:

Table: smf_members
Field: date_registered
Field: birthdate

The the user ID field is id_member.

Again, my db is fully populated with members and their corresponding data and posts...just needs the registration date fixed.

Thanks,

Brad

ThorstenE

can you please check the format of dates in the field user_regdate from DragonFly via phpMyAdmin? Is this a timestamp (e.g. 112332233) or is it a normal date (2007-04-12)?

Sport Twin

DF is: Aug 28, 2000

U.S. style date.

I appreciate your help. I'm having to evaluate and convert on the fly. Right now I have various levels of functionality in phpBB2 and 3, SMF 2.0 and may try VB but I really am liking SMF.

The good news is that your script converted my attachments...there were quite a few, many supporting technical docs for the forums... that is VERY good and I really like SMF's thumbnail/attachment functions.

Now if I could just figure out how to convert my DF Coppermine galleries over to something... 1400 photos that I sure hate for my members to either lose or have to reupload. But one thing at a time.

Then it's on to my stories/news....  ::)

ThorstenE

You can use the Coppermine Gallery (standalone) and activate the Bridged-Mode for SMF or check SMG http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1365 (there is a converter for CPG available)

for the dates:
in dragonfly9_to_smf.sql find:

$row['signature'] = substr($row['signature'], 0, 65534);
add after:
$calcdate = date_parse($row['dateRegistered']);
$row['dateRegistered'] = mktime(0, 0, $calcdate['day'], $calcdate['month'], $calcdate['year']);

Sport Twin

...and just rerun the sql file? I'll need to dump the existing db won't I?

What would it take to grab the dob while I'm at it?

I had SMG installed but am having problem with the user albums created by apache:

http://smf-media.com/community/index.php?topic=920.0

Haven't had any love yet on fixing that issue. The converter is for a standalone Coppermine install, unfortunately the DF fork is a module and quite a bit different, might could be made to work somehow but it is beyond me.

Thanks again for your help... I sure need it!

ThorstenE

after changing the date calculation (my post above) you have to re-run the entire conversion process (don't !! do it if your SMF is already productive).

SMG: I'm not familar with this modification and / or the CPG Conversion at all. You'll better ask the authors at: http://smf-media.com/

Sport Twin

I have everything locked down until I finish the conversion process so the data stays consistent.

Anyway to grab the dob data?

If you were in the U.S. i'd send wine, women and song....but I don't think the postal service would appreciate me shipping a singing drunk woman to Germany.... thanks again!

Sport Twin

I just can't get a break today....

Did the whole conversion process again but...

Date Registered:     July 15, 2019, 05:00:00 PM

but should be Aug 28, 2000 for the particular user (me).

The SMF db shows 1563253200 in the dateRegistered field.

Hmmm... now looking at the DF db it shows 967438800 in user_regdate.

I see what happened. I am dealing with about 5 databases while converting and trying to see what works and what doesn't. I must have looked at the DF 9.0.5.0 db instead of the 9.2.1. The earlier version uses the normal date range while the new db uses 967438800.

My bad...

Sure hate to ask you to do this twice but could you edit and help me out again?

ThorstenE

967438800, that's a normal unix timestamp (same format as used by SMF) and no change is required (you don't need my changes from above).

Sport Twin

Doing the conversion now. That seems to be working ok. Not sure why it didn't the first time.

Thank you once again.

I'll send PayPal if I could get the DOB converted as well!  :)

I'm will need to import my stories/news and categories at some point... whether it's a SMF portal, Joomla or WordPress... interested?

I have another site with fewer members and posts but well over 5500 news articles that are VERY important to me.

Thanks,

Brad

ThorstenE

Sorry, but I'm very busy at the moment and don't have the time to work on a new converter in the near future..

Sport Twin

Baahh... now it's not grabbing the attachments. The attachments table is empty... actually I have a backup db, maybe I'll try copying over that table and see what happens.

....and what does it take to get rid of the Verification image above on these forums... driving me nuts to post.

ThorstenE

Quote from: Sport Twin on June 28, 2009, 02:45:24 PM
....and what does it take to get rid of the Verification image above on these forums... driving me nuts to post.
sorry, that's our Anti-Spam protection (only for Users with less than 10 posts)

Advertisement: