News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[this site]problems

Started by johnm, January 29, 2005, 03:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnm

hi i allways seem to get problems with this site

if i search/login/post a personal message or a post ill get a page cannot be dissplayed error

usually my posts will get submited just the page fails to reload?

any ideas cause its really annoying now!
im using ie with zone alarm (setup to allow simplemachine cookies)
and i believe everything else is setup correclty

or is its just cause this is a busy site?

Thanks

Trekkie101

Sounds weird, a few people say they get this, as a personal favor, could you try firefox and see if it still stays just to make sure it istn browser related as I know it happened on my site

johnm

ill try tom got to go to bed been helping out a lot of people tonight!

Sys_ZERO

Quote from: John on January 29, 2005, 03:35:30 PM
hi i allways seem to get problems with this site

if i search/login/post a personal message or a post ill get a page cannot be dissplayed error

usually my posts will get submited just the page fails to reload?

any ideas cause its really annoying now!
im using ie with zone alarm (setup to allow simplemachine cookies)
and i believe everything else is setup correclty

or is its just cause this is a busy site?

Thanks

Same happens to me.. Not anymore tho.. Hrmmm

johnm

i dont seem to get any problems when using fire fox.

seems fine at the moment

Jeff Lewis

Yes, I was also getting this a bit on my laptop where I use IE. Not sure why but it comes and goes.
Co-Founder of SMF

[Unknown]

I actually ended up getting this... once.  But that was at work where, ironically, I have a worse internet connection than at home (when you spend so much time online you end up getting a nice connection...)  I still think it's connection issues, but otherwise I've been unable to track down the problem.

-[Unknown]

johnm

ok thanks i havent had any problems for a while and if i do get any more
ill switch to fire fox

i dont know why but i always seem to go back to ie - old problems die hard!!

thanks all

Amacythe

Quote from: John on February 05, 2005, 05:03:36 AMif i do get any more
ill switch to fire fox

Why wait?  Try Firefox now.

johnm

Quote from: Amacythe on February 05, 2005, 11:55:32 AM
Quote from: John on February 05, 2005, 05:03:36 AMif i do get any more
ill switch to fire fox

Why wait? Try Firefox now.

ive allready got it! thats what i mean... old habits die hard
>:(
lol

redone

I hate to say I have both both and IE and Firefox. IE seems more reliable than Firefox at logging in!  :o

[Unknown]

Quote from: redone on February 05, 2005, 03:57:31 PM
I hate to say I have both both and IE and Firefox. IE seems more reliable than Firefox at logging in!  :o

I can only say the contrary.  There are more problems with IE's cookie model than Firefox's.

-[Unknown]

Jerry

I hate to say I have both both and IE and Firefox. IE seems more reliable than Firefox at logging in! :o
I am also with [Unknown] on that one :-X

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

johnm

ive never had problems with firefox when logging in compared to i.e

i like the fact that you can login as admin in one browser and login in the other as a normal user!

works great for testing!

Daevien

On my forums, the users use a variety of browsers (including Opera, Safari, Firefox, Netscape, IE, etc) and I haven't had this issue reported to me (and trust me, my users tend to spot stuff right away and bombard me with messages if there is a problem).

I would check your browser settings and maybe just try clearing out your cache, could be something odd stuck in there. Or just simply a bad run of luck between your connection & this site.

johnm

Quote from: Jaeren on February 10, 2005, 02:59:32 AM
On my forums, the users use a variety of browsers (including Opera, Safari, Firefox, Netscape, IE, etc) and I haven't had this issue reported to me (and trust me, my users tend to spot stuff right away and bombard me with messages if there is a problem).

I would check your browser settings and maybe just try clearing out your cache, could be something odd stuck in there. Or just simply a bad run of luck between your connection & this site.

in the title it said [this iste] not my site ;D

Advertisement: