News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

a few missing features...

Started by Enc0der, November 08, 2003, 11:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enc0der

Hi !

here's a list of a few features that I really like and would like to have them in SMF:

1. Split/Merge threads - like in YaBBSE's SuperMod

2. Add an option to show "number of posts: xx" or "registered date: xx/xx/xx" on the user info. some people don't like this "run-after-more-posts" thing, and would like to change that to "registered date".

3. add at least one more custom-full-text-field to the user's profile.
     for me it's for computer's specs, a full text field (like the signature), which can be viewed on a pop-up window when clicking a link near the user's message (where all the "posts: xx", "stars", "registered date" etc goes).

4. Birthday mod - if it's not already there... just a little line on BoardIndex that says "Today birthdays: user1, user2" etc...

5. Favorites - have a combo-box of favorites threads - like in YaBBSE SuperMod

6. Mood mod - heh.. :P just a cool "How are you feeling today?" mod. your mood can be seen near your posts (where "posts: xx" etc)

7. More Smiles of course! (on a pop-up window) - I didn't see it on your forum.. I hope it'll be on the public release...

I think that's about it... :D
heh... many, many thanks!

Spaceman-Spiff

Quote from: Enc0der on November 08, 2003, 11:01:36 AM
1. Split/Merge threads - like in YaBBSE's SuperMod
this is a default YSE feature, not just in supermod
so it's already built in SMF too

Quote2. Add an option to show "number of posts: xx" or "registered date: xx/xx/xx" on the user info. some people don't like this "run-after-more-posts" thing, and would like to change that to "registered date".
it will be easy to add things like this in the new template system

Quote4. Birthday mod - if it's not already there... just a little line on BoardIndex that says "Today birthdays: user1, user2" etc...
this is also a default feature of YSE, so I'm guessing its already available

Tyris

1) as spaceman said
2) as spaceman said
3) template system, you now have the ability to add unlimited profile fields using the template system. A pop-up will be a tiny bit harder I guess... but still probably do-able...
4) as spaceman said (already active)
5) dunno about this (perhaps the extra profile fields could come in handy? if not mod ;))
6) definately template system with the profile extra's
7) already a smilie center where you can add smilie groups, and extra smilies. As for a popup window... I dont think theres one of them.. it displays all smilies that you've selected it to display from the smilie set chosen by the user.

Also, on the topic of the template system and profile fields... I believe [Unknown] mentioned he was gonna write a bit of a FAQ about commonly asked template "how to's"... and when it goes public no doubt many of us members will contribute alot of stuff for it too.

Advertisement: