News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Help: SMF shows a wrong time

Started by wjhdiz, October 06, 2008, 01:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjhdiz

It looks like my forum time is two hours behind. How to fix it?
Freedom of speech? It is freer if not speaking out.
Believing in God? Yes, talk with God every day through God creations.
Coding is poem and a way of keeping away from the troubled world.

Satioz

Go to the admin panel and then go to Features and options. There can you find Overall time offset. There you set +2.0 and look what the time then is. Is it then not right, you most speling with the +2.0.

wjhdiz

Freedom of speech? It is freer if not speaking out.
Believing in God? Yes, talk with God every day through God creations.
Coding is poem and a way of keeping away from the troubled world.

Goodies

This is really a plague atm.

I have corrected it multiple times with the above option.

For months. Time correction was 75 hours (!) on monday.

What is going on !??

Any idea how I can correct this ? Forum software is SMF 2.05, I am running DirectAdmin.

I do not know if it is a server thing or a forum thing..

Any tips ?

Kindred

1- smf pulls its time from the server.
2- this is the 1.1.x support board. Issues with 2.0.x should be raised in the 2.0 support board.
3- this has already been marked as solved- 6 years ago...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Goodies

Ok I understand that.. meanwhile I looked into the DirectAdmin logs and it seems that our hosting provider caused the error.

I have corrected 4323 hours to report the time now.. but about 1 day of messages have messed-up timestamps  in the database atm.

Is there any way to correct this, without inventing the SQL UPDATE queries for it ? Someone did a mod of some kind ? please ?

Thx in advance ! if there is no mod I will probably publish here what I did to correct the problem..

Kindred

Nope.... No mod. It's not something that I have ever heard of happening...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Goodies

Well I'm glad I ported to 2.05 recently.. I've seen this kind of issue before with a 1.8 SMF and with that version, sorting order got messed up. In the 2.05 the time is just reported wrong. But I never had to correct for 6 months, yesterday I had. Server provider is now working on it. I will keep you informed, thanks for your ear.

Advertisement: