Inline Hover Spoiler BB Code

Started by Fangs404, October 07, 2008, 12:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

countstex

This still installs incorrectly on 1.1.10, no errors reported however after install Ever page shows "$txt['spoiler_post'] = 'Spoiler';" at the top and preview, and new registrations fail :(

Fangs404

Quote from: xrunner on December 17, 2009, 09:59:53 AM
Getting the following error after installing the mod -

8: Undefined index: spoiler_post

File: /home/whydoes1/public_html/forums/Themes/default/languages/Post.english-utf8.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 772

Mod removed until solution found.

I can't help you unless you tell me what version of SMF you're using.  I just installed it on a completely fresh version of 2.0 RC2 and 1.1.11, and it installed and functions perfectly without problem for both versions.

[edit]
Your problem looks similar to the problem seen here except your issue is with this chunk:

<file name="$themedir/Post.template.php">
<operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[ 'hr' => array('code' => 'hr', 'before' => '[hr]', 'description' => $txt[531]),]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
'spoiler' => array('code' => 'spoiler', 'before' => '[spoiler]', 'after' => '[/spoiler]', 'description' => $txt['spoiler_post']),]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

That code modifies Post.template.php.  Since you seem to be having a problem with Post.english-utf8.php for some reason, I'd look in that file and mirror the changes that this mod made to your Post.template.php file.

[edit2]
After further inspection, I honestly have no idea what Post.english-utf8.php is.  I don't have that file in my SMF 2 or SMF 1 installs (I have totally vanilla installs on my server for testing purposes).  I do have Post.english.php, but my plugin doesn't alter that file.  The only file in the languages directory my plugin modifies is Modifications.english.php.

Fangs404

Quote from: countstex on December 22, 2009, 07:14:37 PM
This still installs incorrectly on 1.1.10, no errors reported however after install Ever page shows "$txt['spoiler_post'] = 'Spoiler';" at the top and preview, and new registrations fail :(
I just tried it on a completely fresh install of 1.1.11, and it installed without any problems.  You probably have another mod installed that changed $languagedir/Modifications.english.php inappropriately.  Look at that file to make sure everything is standard.  If you need more help, feel free to PM me, and I can look at the file for you.

c23_Mike

Hi there !

Works this mod with RC3?
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

Fangs404

Quote from: c23_Mike on April 05, 2010, 01:24:32 PM
Hi there !

Works this mod with RC3?

It should.  I don't think there were any major changes in the plugin system going from RC2->RC3 like there were going from RC1->RC2.  Let me know if anything doesn't work.

c23_Mike

Hi there!

Just for your information: it works!
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

Claine

Hi, I'm getting this error too:

http://tzelkora.com/index.php?action=post2;board=7;preview;xml
File: /home/kureaac1/public_html/tzelkora.com/Sources/Subs-Editor.php
Line: 1707

I'm using RC3 and Tiny Portal

Fangs404

Quote from: Claine on July 07, 2010, 01:34:49 AM
Hi, I'm getting this error too:

http://tzelkora.com/index.php?action=post2;board=7;preview;xml
File: /home/kureaac1/public_html/tzelkora.com/Sources/Subs-Editor.php
Line: 1707

I'm using RC3 and Tiny Portal

It looks like the plugin didn't install correctly.  Try manually installing the mod (go to http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1438 and hit Parse next to Manual Install Instructions for SMF).  It looks like your Modifications.english.php file didn't get correctly edited.  Either that or (probably more likely) is that you are using a different Modifications.*.php file.

phoenixjay

Hi there,

sorry to post here after such a long time of nothing but I am having a problem that is probably very simple but, for the life of me, I can't see what I am doing wrong.

I am using 1.1.12 and the theme 'Headline' - forum can be seen at www.write4life.org/thewritestuff [nofollow]

Mod seems to have been installed ok but, for the life of me, I can't find anywhere where you enable it or, if it doesn't need enabled, anywhere in teh post where you use it.

Fangs404

Quote from: phoenixjay on December 10, 2010, 12:59:46 PM
Hi there,

sorry to post here after such a long time of nothing but I am having a problem that is probably very simple but, for the life of me, I can't see what I am doing wrong.

I am using 1.1.12 and the theme 'Headline' - forum can be seen at www.write4life.org/thewritestuff

Mod seems to have been installed ok but, for the life of me, I can't find anywhere where you enable it or, if it doesn't need enabled, anywhere in teh post where you use it.

Sorry I never responded to this, but there's nothing you need to do once it's installed.  You can just use it.  Test it out by using the [spoiler] bbcode on your forum to see if you installed it correctly.

agent47

Any plans on re-writing this for SMF 2.0 or is the current version compatible with 2.0 ?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

Fangs404

Quote from: agent47 on June 15, 2011, 12:04:42 AM
Any plans on re-writing this for SMF 2.0 or is the current version compatible with 2.0 ?

The current version is compatible.  I added 2.0 support when the RCs first started appearing.  If you have any issues, please let me know, but it should work just fine.

agent47

Quote from: Fangs404 on June 15, 2011, 12:06:57 AM

The current version is compatible.  I added 2.0 support when the RCs first started appearing.  If you have any issues, please let me know, but it should work just fine.
That's awesome, thanks a lot bud. This mod has been so useful on my site and continues to be one of the most handy features on the site.
Thanks a lot man.

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

Fangs404

Quote from: agent47 on June 15, 2011, 05:14:31 AM
Quote from: Fangs404 on June 15, 2011, 12:06:57 AM

That's awesome, thanks a lot bud. This mod has been so useful on my site and continues to be one of the most handy features on the site.
Thanks a lot man.

I'm happy to hear that!  :)

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Fangs404 on October 07, 2008, 12:59:56 AM
Link to mod.

This is a spoiler mod loosely based off of Gazmanafc's Simple Spoiler Tag mod. This mod creates a similar inline all-black box, but instead of having to highlight the text or click a button, you can merely hover the mouse over the black section of text, and it'll display the text. If you like the spoiler tags on reddit and Something Awful, you'll like this. This mod is theme-independent, and it'll keep your site W3C compliant.

Without hovering, you see nothing but black:

However, when you hover the mouse over the black section of text, it magically appears:

Changelog
1.5 - 11/15/09
- fixed install error on 2.0 RC2 due to new Subs-Editor.php formatting for BB codes

1.4.1 - 11/13/09
- changed $themedir/images in package-info.xml to $imagesdir

1.4 - 2/23/09
- changed the "install for" info to "1.1 - 1.99.99" and "2.0 - 2.99.99" to make this mod compatible with all future SMF versions

1.3 - 12/7/08
- added support for SMF 1.1.7

1.2 - 10/15/08
- added support for SMF 2.0 Beta 4

1.1 - 10/15/08
- removed modification of style.css in favor of a style element inside the span tag (this effectively means that this mod is now theme-independent! :))
- simplified style and onmouseout

1.0 - 10/2/08
- initial release

Would it be possible to add spoiler to images as well?

Fangs404

Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 21, 2012, 11:26:31 PM
Link to mod.

This is a spoiler mod loosely based off of Gazmanafc's Simple Spoiler Tag mod. This mod creates a similar inline all-black box, but instead of having to highlight the text or click a button, you can merely hover the mouse over the black section of text, and it'll display the text. If you like the spoiler tags on reddit and Something Awful, you'll like this. This mod is theme-independent, and it'll keep your site W3C compliant.

However, when you hover the mouse over the black section of text, it magically appears:

Changelog
1.5 - 11/15/09
- fixed install error on 2.0 RC2 due to new Subs-Editor.php formatting for BB codes

1.4.1 - 11/13/09

1.4 - 2/23/09
- changed the "install for" info to "1.1 - 1.99.99" and "2.0 - 2.99.99" to make this mod compatible with all future SMF versions

1.3 - 12/7/08

1.2 - 10/15/08

1.1 - 10/15/08
- removed modification of style.css in favor of a style element inside the span tag (this effectively means that this mod is now theme-independent! :))

1.0 - 10/2/08
- initial release

You'd need a different spoiler mod. This one only works for text. You'd probably want one of the spoiler mods that has a button you need to click in order to reveal what's hidden.

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Fangs404 on August 22, 2012, 12:16:19 AM
Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 21, 2012, 11:26:31 PM
Link to mod.

Changelog
1.5 - 11/15/09

1.4.1 - 11/13/09

1.4 - 2/23/09

1.3 - 12/7/08

1.2 - 10/15/08

1.1 - 10/15/08

1.0 - 10/2/08
- initial release

You'd need a different spoiler mod. This one only works for text. You'd probably want one of the spoiler mods that has a button you need to click in order to reveal what's hidden.

I really prefer this mod over the others I've seen, and I know such a mod is possible as I've seen it in action on another forum, but I know the admin there won't share the code. :(

Fangs404

Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 23, 2012, 05:59:52 PM
I really prefer this mod over the others I've seen, and I know such a mod is possible as I've seen it in action on another forum, but I know the admin there won't share the code. :(

Something like it may be possible, but not the way I've implemented it. I've implemented it as a really simply CSS text color change. It doesn't do anything to images.

ocmdiaz714

Quote from: Fangs404 on August 23, 2012, 07:41:42 PM
Quote from: ocmdiaz714 on August 23, 2012, 05:59:52 PM

Something like it may be possible, but not the way I've implemented it. I've implemented it as a really simply CSS text color change. It doesn't do anything to images.

I am willing to pay for such an implement.

Dragon41673

All...I removed this mod from my site, but the button for the spoiler is still on my posting menu. Where do I go to remove it?

There were no errors when I un-installed the mod.

Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Advertisement: