Ask for Language Specific Support for "Thai Language", PLEASE!!

Started by arunsiam, October 19, 2008, 11:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arunsiam

It would be great if this board has Language Specific Support for "Thai" or "ไทย" in Thai language.

There are currently 64 million Thai people in Thailand. Most of Thai webboard use SMF.

It would be great if someone can create Language Specific Support for "Thai"

Best Regards

Oldiesmann

I realize we do have quite a large Thai community, and would love to see a support board here for Thai. The main reason we haven't added it is that there hasn't been much of a request for one, possibly due to the popularity of the SMF Thailand site.

If you think people would rather post here than on a third-party site (which I'm having trouble getting to at the moment), then I'll be glad to add it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

arunsiam

Absolutely, it should belong to www.simplemachines.org forum. I have seen so many forums including joomla or mambo and DMOZ. They do have forum for Thai. Forum for SMF of third party just comes and goes and there is no real expert which comes from all over the world. Many Thai SMF users understand English. They can also find excellent information not just in Thai forum but others in SMF community.

Best Regards.

Oldiesmann

Would you be willing to be the initial moderator of that forum?

Also, what should I use for the description of that board>
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

SleePy

ไทย (Thai)

That would be the board name. The description goes below it but you don't need to have one if you don't want one.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Oldiesmann

I'll go ahead and set up the board. We can always add a description later :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Bancherd

Great!  because the third-party Thai sites are pretty fragmented. 

Advertisement: